vb:literal>

Thread: Where's the edit button when you need it...

Question Where's the edit button when you need it...

How come on some of my posts there is an edit button at the bottom of my post and on others there is not? Sometimes I need to corect my otrocious speling and bad us of English gramor. And sometimes I hear people telling me not to post THAT! So I change it after I have submitted it....Oops!

Is there a setting I am not using, or is it just my aging mind that cannot find it?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

from what i know if you are a donating member you can edit but only for a certain amount of time.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Default not sure.......

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    from what i know if you are a donating member you can edit but only for a certain amount of time.
    I was able to edit the above post. The ability to edit comes and goes. So I do not think it is linked to be a donating member. Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Team2hunt; 08-21-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: to show my point......
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

There is a time limit on editing posts and IIRC it is different for members. It used to be unlimited edit time, but a few months ago someone abused the system by deleting a number of their posts which corrupts the affected threads.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It seems to be very unpredictable for non donating members as to how long you can edit your posts. When I for a while was a non donating member I wasn't even able to edit anything at all so hopefully Rick will buzz in here and tell the non donating members if there is a time limit or not and donating members as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Rick explained to me the ins and outs of editing a while ago, but, it has never been as he described to me. I have just decided - it doesn't matter and if I spell wrong - those who know me will realize. Otherwise - does it matter?

I understand the frustration. I have been known to edit spelling on my posts months after posting, I hate my own typos.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."