vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *warning* do not release or move coins to the bangor area

Default Huh?

Not too tricky. 201 South to 202 west. Stop when you hit Greene about 12 miles before lewiston. That's certainly local. A warning though..there's no cold beer anywhere in Greene that I know about! Stock up in Leeds!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I have no idea where "Greene, Maine" is. Am I a local cacher?

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

That is one of the things that I like about Dubord. He knows where all of the cold beer is sold!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I still wonder which caches were ripped off for the coins...any clue?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I have a fairly good collection going, maybe 100 coins or so and haven't activated a single coin. I guess my thought is that if I ever decide to sell some of them they would be more valuable unactivated. Am I right about that? I don't do e-bay, just getting them from the various outlets plus 5 each month from the Coin Club.

I hope that most don't find the collection of coins presumptive of theft.

For those that collect, have you found 3 hole coin holders that actually keep the coins in place? If so, where can I get some. I bought some at a coin shop but the coins are always falling out.
    So, where is this collection kept? Do you have dogs?

Just doing, a, um, survey.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Private Collection/guard dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    So, where is this collection kept? Do you have dogs?

Just doing, a, um, survey.
    We have two dogs, Nick and Bo. They are Black Labs and eat raw meat every day. We haven't had any mail delivery here for about 3 years. Seems the last 2 letter carriers turned up "missing." Bo laughs when we ask what happened to Pete the Postal guy.

Nick could care less about geocoins. He's into beer, and beer only. If you come to my house and you've drank any beer in the last month, then you're toast! If you don't drink beer but drove my a store that sells it on your way here....well he'll know and you might loose an arm or at least sustain bad leg bites!

Oh, and I have a lot of guns, most never fired at coin thiefs. The National Guard has our home on the "do not raid" list because of the dogs and the guns.

Call first!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Having been to Dan's house and shared a beer with the "boys" I can assure you that they know the smell of and taste of beer. Dan also has a cannon!!

Default Just a joke!!! Relax...

Jeepers Dan, with all that defense, you sound like another cacher on this site...You should put a cache on your property within range of your living room window!
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Having been to Dan's house and shared a beer with the "boys" I can assure you that they know the smell of and taste of beer. Dan also has a cannon!!

Come on Jim. Who doesn't have a cannon?
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Jeepers Dan, with all that defense, you sound like another cacher on this site...You should put a cache on your property within range of your living room window!
    He does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is your cannon Steve?!