vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *warning* do not release or move coins to the bangor area

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Where is your cannon Steve?!

Which one. Got the two pounder in my safe and I got a 68 cal replica sitting on a shell downstairs. lol I'm very much into blackpowder. I've got several b-p rifle and revolvers and a couple scatterguns too.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Default cannons

I have a Coehorn Mortor. If I fill a Budweiser Select can with concrete, it will send the can over a mile! This cannon is an original confederate cannon, has a name "Tommy Boy." All those cannons have names. Lots of fun and end of the world loud. I broke two windows at the house here once!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

That explains the "earthquake" we had a couple of years ago!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I have a Coehorn Mortor. If I fill a Budweiser Select can with concrete, it will send the can over a mile! This cannon is an original confederate cannon, has a name "Tommy Boy." All those cannons have names. Lots of fun and end of the world loud. I broke two windows at the house here once!

That is awesome! The only antiques I have is a few friends and my parents.

I used to melt down old lead pipe to shoot but the concrete would be cheaper. That and finding lead pipe is less common than hens teeth. The sprue that came off the "2 pounder" was almost big enough to load into a .45 cal smooth bore.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Wink Just A Joke 2

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Jeepers Dan, with all that defense, you sound like another cacher on this site...You should put a cache on your property within range of your living room window!
    Maybe he should just write Ignorant insults on his cache posts. TEE HEE!!!

This is the same stuff that was said last time when I made my remark And was REPORTED to be a threat by another cacher on this site.
    What makes this different??

Oh,
    And I wouldn't have responded if I hadn't been dragged back into it.
    Thanx for the Joke MOTU

Opalsns

We all make mistakes.......for sure. And in good fun.....it's generally accepted in most groups that we all poke fun at it...in good light! It should never be done in a manner that's embarassing to the person. Then again the person that made the mistake has to learn to accept it in good light as well. This often works best in a close group, like that of 'family' or close friends.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

What do you mean???
    I honestly don't understand what youy are saying to me.

His comment about "within range of your livingroom window" wasn't made personal and quite acceptable in most social circles. He didn't make it personal w/a name...or bring the issue back to the forefront in a negative way w/a link to the posts. Had he, then you may not have gotten a chance to comment before someone else gave him a friendly reminder to be nice.

Just because someone pokes light hearted fun at a previous mistake......doesn't mean you need to lay claim to it. Did he drag it all up again.....nope...... you did a great job of that yourself. Take a deep breath and cache on....well when the rain lets up!

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Jeepers Dan, with all that defense, you sound like another cacher on this site...You should put a cache on your property within range of your living room window!
    I want to apologize for not catching the Whole comment earlier. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't comment on the uncalled for comment that brought it about. The comment would have been better had it not mentioned a fictitious arsenal.

I don't feel it's appropriate that we push buttons and expect others to act appropriately, when we can't do the same. The kettle shouldn't call the pot black. Bad blood is bad most of the time because of stupid reasons.

Q.T.I.P!!

Default Yikes

Hope I didn't inadvertantly get something started. I'm a collector and I do have a cache about 60 feet from the chair I'm reclined in at this moment. Cannons are very cool. I went to a pirate party once, touched it off and the concussion blew out the propane burners on 2 different grills! I have a full scale confederate Howitzer as well, getting the barrel re-lined but that one will be a blast to shoot. If you take me candle pin bowling, check me before I leave the building as those balls would be perfect for that big boy!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.