vb:literal>

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Geo-Rallye III

Well said! I think BRDAD said it well too when he said that you decide if it is worth it to you. The reason I don't mind paying is because I realize that you could EASILY spend that much money going to lunch and a 2 hour movie. To spend that much on a whole day of fun activity is a great deal!
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

I think it's great that people think that we should be able to have such a huge event and offer it for Free to everyone. It just isn't practical....And nearly impossible. We all have great ideas on occassion.....and few of us have what it takes to put them into action.

Friends of mine used to complain about pitching in a few dollars here and there as a gift to help out the instructor. One day they were told some examples of just how much money goes into all the things they take for granted, by the instructor and private donations. I know my foot's big......therefore I'm often cautious in opening my mouth
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Hahaha, hints are not for sale. Thanks, but I'm not going to attend this event. I will rather place more puzzle caches around. This time absolutely no math will be involved
    How the heck am I going to use Excel to solve your puzzle if there's no math involved????

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    How the heck am I going to use Excel to solve your puzzle if there's no math involved????
    You could solve my Sounds Easy To Me (GC1VFWZ) by brdad (3.5/3) in Excel, and without math.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

OK, OK, don't kill me. I just said my opinion. I don't mind to pay $20 for the event. But it will look like gambling for me and I don't need that. If you say there is $20 fee and no prices, it would be fine with me. There would be no gambling since you can't win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    There are also another programs like MS paint

Cano...like yourself...I also am not big on gambling. I think I might have missed something along the way. I hadn't heard that there are any cash prizes involved. There are many donated prizes you can win....no different than many of the Free events we normally attend. I might be wrong.....and hope someone will correct me if that is the case. So therefore....you get a day of finding fun caches w/lots of great friends...and stand to win prizes that may equal the value of your entry fee. Simply stated...a fun day w/a great return on your monetary investment.

Just looking to understand and possibly clarify any possible misunderstandings.... mine or otherwise.

I don't think there are any cash prizes and nobody meant to get on you about your opinion Cano. I am a firm believer in people being entitled to opinions. Personally, I think the great thing about caching is you can chose your level of interest. Some people just may not want to pay a registration and that is their choice to make if they don't want to do an event due to monetary reasons.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

And as has been done.....and offered....... if you don't have the money....doesn't mean that you can't/won't be included. That's what's great about making friends on here

Default What a great time!

Just returned from GeoRally 3. What a great event! Kudos to Jim and Dave, Barry and all others who put a terrific effort into making this happen. For those of you who don't embrace this sort of thing, try it! We didn't set out to win any awards or break any records and in spite of the "damp" weather, we had a ball. These were all quality caches..we did only one GRC all day. Most were hikes on beautiful, albeit somewhat wet trails but that didn't slow us down at all. While it's billed as a "competition", for team "lock, stock and two barrels loaded" it was a great day to do a bunch of very well placed and thought out caches

The coffee and donuts start was great and not a problem for those of us who count calories because there was plenty of hiking to follow.

I'm not certain, but I'm guessing most if not all attendees got a prize, and these were all quality prizes.

So this event gets and A plus,, that's two in a row! Don't miss this one next time it happens!!!!!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.