vb:literal>

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Geo-Rallye III

Default Team Size

I have a question, is it a total of 4 people or 4 "official" cachers? Would Dianne and I count as 2 or 1? As the majority of couples seem to cache under one name as we do does that mean our team could be comprised of four couples? Thanks!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

no, four people total...

What about dogs

depends on if they are trained to find tupperware - that should cost extra ; )

This might sound weird, but What if a NON-cacher is part of the team, does that person have to be in the picture or sign the log? I guess I'm asking if people who ride "shotgun" and don't hunt for caches, have to be registered?.....This has nothing to do with money....I'd be happy to pay for a "tag-a-long". It has to do with the stipulation that all participents must log the cache.

in order to be fair, everyone participating needs to be in the picture...this way no one ends up as just the driver or anything...if they are in the car, they are participating in the rallye...hope that helps...

Default Downloads

Looking at possibly putting a team together for this. Wondering what the distribution of coords will be like as I've never attended one of these before. Is there just going to be a printed list of coords or are they going to be put online somehow so that there isn't a mess of manual entering? Couple computers with everything set up in GSAK and people just connect and load before they go?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Default Rallye Cache Info

In an effort to provide a level playing field to all competitors the cache information will be distributed that morning. You will receive printed pages for each cache similar to those on line and a master list of caches. You will also get a list of virtual "caches". These are things you might observe in your travels and you get points for finding them.

In the past the cache information had been available earlier and electronically, but it was felt that the technically astute competitors gained too large an advantage using their mapping and routing software. That is why we elected to distribute paper information to all at the same time.

So everyone should be starting from about the same spot.

Default Update, more than 50 new caches in rallye

Just received an update from other hiders, there are 5 hiders for the rally, and it can now be confirmed that we will have more than 50 new geocaches released for the Rallye!

These will not all be park and grabs. Many types of hides and caches. The caches will be assigned point values based on their perceived difficulty or time needed to complete them. If you take a lot of time to complete a tougher cache, you will get more points than a simple park and grab.

It is not believed that any team can humanly do all the Rallye caches in the seven hours of competition time. It should be a wide open playing field for those who seek to be competitive and a great deal of fun for all cachers.

Default I think I got a team!

I think there are a three of us that are going to do the rally. If there is an individual that wants to do this but can't muster up a team let me know. We are going to be a rag-tag team but we will have lots of laughs and a good time no matter. Anybody with the monikor brdad is welcome to join even if the brdad monikor is synonymous with curmudgeon! (hehehe)

Cache On!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)