vb:literal>

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Geo-Rallye III

Default Geo-Rallye III

GC1V3TC...the page now includes a registration form for those interested in participating...I will also attach it here if possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	georallye registration.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	535.2 KB 
ID:	393  

Here is a link. Should be at 30 to 40 caches and great prizes including a new PN40 from Delorme. Anyone with the ability to solicit prizes to add to the festivities should contact Jim Horwich.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-1e7ebc5670a1

Default More info?

Is this a race or can anyone win just by finding the caches? Are the caches ones that already exist or will these be temporary just for this event?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

There will be 30+ caches of a variety of D/T, sizes, and styles (trad, multi, puzzle, etc...) They will be permanent caches listed on GC.com There will be prizes for "winners" with the most cache finds as well as a bunch of raffle items. Should be a fun day...more info and rules will be posted soon.

When is the actual deadline to sign up? I am very interested and Melissa may be too.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Looks like registrations/money need to be in by Sept. 19th
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    There will be 30+ caches of a variety of D/T, sizes, and styles (trad, multi, puzzle, etc...) They will be permanent caches listed on GC.com There will be prizes for "winners" with the most cache finds as well as a bunch of raffle items. Should be a fun day...more info and rules will be posted soon.
    Will they be listed all at the same time so cachers who aren't involved with the event will have a chance to be the FTF or will the event cachers be given the ability to find them before they are actually published? Just curious.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Haffy......you found work in Maine.....and are going to join us at the Rallye!? That's awesome!

I wish, I was just curious about it that's all. Don't start that rumor...
    The final registration date is my birthday though...
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

As I understand it from reading other State oragnizations' Event postings....... there's a huge challenge for people who find caches which are often temporary. The caches are only temporary and can't be logged as found because they don't have a GC.com listing. WGA(Wisconsin) is a good example. There have been many work-arounds...some more acceptable than others.

So why waste the Great caches....set them up for an event then list and keep them around so that others can appreciate them as well. The MGA event caches keep the name so you know they were from the event. As far as the FTFs go....well if you release them before an event...they stand to be muggled before the event, kinda pointless. So if you want the FTF, you get to attend the event and join the fierce fun!