vb:literal>

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Geo-Rallye III

Dan you said it well. The rally was a blast! I had a great time seeing friends and caching with friends! We did a puzzle cache that was a grc in the end but that was the only grc.All of the others were quality hikes and most were to scenic locales. Thanks to all that put in all of the hard work involved in this kind of activity and I can not wait to do it again!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default Thanks to all who attended!!

The Rallye was a great time. Many thanks to Delorme for allowing us to use their facilities!!

All Rallye participants won door prizes and as Dan mentioned they were excellent. The PN40 went to MaineSleddah (Mike Morrisette) who was also on the winning rally team.

The Armed Omelet team finished third. Armed Omelet is a team made up of folks who work for DeLorme. Great showing for first time Rallye runners!

There was a tie for first place between a team made up of MaineSleddah and Hoamdezinahs and a team made up of Trick or Treat and Team Moxiepup. The tie breaker was the team which checked in first, Maine Sleddah and HD won as they returned 5 minutes earlier!!

A great time and a lot of fun. Again many thanks to all who helped make this the success it was!!

Thank you so much for the motivational opportunity to do caches which I may never have gotten...or atleast not for a while. The water caches were a blast. If the same rules are kept for those....my team will need to recruit atleast one more member in order to give the top teams additional friendly competition.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

This was our first time officially running the rallye and we had a blast!! We helped at the first rallye so we didn't run it officially but we enjoyed finding a few caches unofficially. Today was a different story, we team up with Trick or Treat to become a Puppy Treat Power House Team. We did some water caches and caches ranging from easy to hard. We actually had to DNF a 1.5 cache but had a difficulty 4 hide in our hand within a minute of jumping out of the car. The hiders went all out to place some very different and interesting caches. for us to find along the way.
    Thanks to all for making this a extremely fun day. I haven't laughed so much in a long time!

Next year 1st place maybe???

Default Great Time

I have to say the weather was the only unfortunate part about today. We had a great time searching to find as many virtuals as we could during the trip back from trails in Bowdinham. While it was wet and made some of our DNF's a little bit harder to take, we pushed on and had fun. Thanks again to everyone involved in the setup, recruitment of donations, and the competition for showing up.

The quality of the donated items given away as prizes to everyone involved just for participating was amazing as it wasn't just standard cache swag. I especially enjoyed viewing everyone elses photos during the slideshow to see how they attacked the virtuals. Everyone seemed to go a different route and I can't believe how many purple doors there are out there...lol.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I also must say that Team V3 had a great time at the rallye though at the end the little guy was ready to get home. The caches were fun, the prizes were generous and it was great to get to meet everyone. This was not just our first rallye but also our first event.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

My first rally. It was quit the experience. Had the best people to cache with Team Rag-A-Muffin, so everything was perfect. The next rally will go much smoother as far as planning things out.

I somehow missed the appearance of Captain Chaos from the Cannon Ball Run.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

We also had a wonderful time at our first rallye. Lots of fun caches plus the virtuals made driving between caches quite fun and interesting, why are there so many people stopping in front of my house taking pics of my mailbox, lawn ornaments, weathervane, etc.. I just want to know if there are any official results from the rallye we can check out. I know who won and took second and third, but what about the rest of us? I would like to know how I placed in the whole sceme of things, considering I just started caching in January and it was my first rallye. Any help would be appreciated, thanks and happy caching!

any day now - just waiting for Barry to get back from his trip to geocoinfest and I'll post everything...thanks!

Sorry for the delay; it wasn't my biggest thing Saturday night when I got home

I tried to get the data from my other computer but was not able to talk my son through it so I gave up that route. Instead, I'll be able to do this when I return this Friday.