vb:literal>

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Geo-Rallye III

Haffy, just let it be and let the folks enjoy the rally. It has been previously discussed and what all did that produce besides grief? What difference does it make?

As far as unpublished event caches some enterprising folks out this way have discovered a way to get credit for the unpublished event caches. I would not do it, but some do the credit thing by multiple logging of the actual event itself for each of the "Event Caches" that are not published that they find. The Rally caches are not in that category.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Haffy, just let it be and let the folks enjoy the rally. It has been previously discussed and what all did that produce besides grief? What difference does it make?

As far as unpublished event caches some enterprising folks out this way have discovered a way to get credit for the unpublished event caches. I would not do it, but some do the credit thing by multiple logging of the actual event itself for each of the "Event Caches" that are not published that they find. The Rally caches are not in that category.
    Gob-ler, you are right. When playing in MD, PA, ME, where ever - play as they do. And why, when living away, debate the issues for this state.

Have tried to be a sit back silent person on these boards but wanted to say - you are right on here! Thanks for coming around to visit. You bring a voice of, may I say, "reason" to some debates.

Hope all is well. Although I may not participate in the rally (but it sounds like a ton of fun - wished I had a group to join)..........I agree - just let folks enjoy it.

Seasons best and on to Fall!

I just asked a simple question here and that was it. I feel I am as much a part of this community as anyone else here regardless if I live in a different state or not. Gobler doesn't live here anymore either so what's your beef LA? Sheesh, everyone gets all upset over nothing but a simple question about a caches being prefound before they are submitted for publishing as was the case in a previous event of this sort. I see it's not going to happen that way this time so there isn't any discussion on my part. This was all over and done with til Gobler brought it up but I stand my ground.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Problem is Haffy many of your questions are not simple questions. They are questions asked to only stir the pot. I think the pot has been stirred enough in the past don't you?

Dick I'm not trying to stir anything up, it was just a simple question from a simple man who wanted just a simple answer. Sorry if I stirred anything up,it wasn't my intent and it was all over and done with til you came in and added your 2 cents. I'll just leave this it that.

Default Event attendees will have first chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Will they be listed all at the same time so cachers who aren't involved with the event will have a chance to be the FTF or will the event cachers be given the ability to find them before they are actually published? Just curious.

The cache information will be distributed the morning of the Rallye. The caches will be published later. So non-Rallye folks are unlikely to have a shot at FTF.

As for the Rallye competition, there are no bonus points for FTFs. So FTF is not a relevant factor.

PS it is looking good for 40+ caches, maybe more.

Ok my main point was made and things haven't changed from the 1st time it was held then. Thanks for the update Lex. Case closed.

( I enjoy people.... encouraging......listening......chatting. One thing that I hear often.... and can relate to.... Why can't we all just get along!? So many people Don't get involved or play along because of all the Needless personal politics. I've walked away from Geocaching because of it.......and avoided Many events too. I also took a period of time away from these boards and didn't donate money. So...I hope it's true that Misery likes Misery...cause that's all there'll be in time if lessons aren't learned. There are reminders all around us....Everyday.... listen and learn I say. Play the game...smile often... enjoy life....it's way too short not to.....

Cache....and Let Cache
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Have a great event with your rally. Find them all and smile often!

Wish I was there!

Default Glad you stopped by Dick...

It's always nice to have you drop by GC Me.
    Happy Trails!