vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Season

Hybrid View

Question Hunting Season

It is almost that time of year again, and I have noticed that the links on the front page are backwards. The Maine link is OK, but the Vermont and New Hampshire links are reversed. Can this be corrected? I would be worried someone would click on the link and not notice the incorrect states page and have the wrong season or dates. Thanks so much for keeping this on the front page.

Here is the new Maine site: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_tra...imits_2009.htm
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Another important hunting fact... the Penobscot and Passamaquoddy tribes in Maine have hunting seasons which fall outside of the standard state season dates. Archery season starts on Penobscot tribal land September 1, 2009.
    Becka Francis Family

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Family View Post
    Another important hunting fact... the Penobscot and Passamaquoddy tribes in Maine have hunting seasons which fall outside of the standard state season dates. Archery season starts on Penobscot tribal land September 1, 2009.
    Just curious but are there any caches on tribal lands? And is there a policy regarding caching on those lands?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I am not sure on the specific number of caches on tribal lands but yes there are some. Some of the caches in Carrabassett Valley fall within Penobscot land. There are a few caches up in the Springfield area that are also within tribal land- both Penobscot and Passamaquoddy.
    Becka Francis Family

Francis Family, I will add here, - did not respond to the issue of a "policy" regarding caches. Perhaps, because they is not a definitive answer for either a policy or lack thereof within their knowledge base. I suspect, without specific authority or permission, and/or without the same from easments or trail agreements (of which permission may have been obtained from the other authorities) no one has permission to place caches on tribal lands.

I would presume, a prudent cacher would obtain permission from either a land manager, management company or other responsible party before placing caches on land.

Obtaining permission, regardless of tribal land or not, is becoming a more vital part of responsible cache placement. No more assuming, which makes a you know what out of us all, that placing a cache in a right of way or whatever is ok.

In fact, I support being a proponent of adding what is on the Earthcache publication page = a place to note who is the property owner, contact information and who gave permission. This, all, being an intregal part of the publication of an Earthcache page. I support this becoming part of the publication of any cache page. JMHO

I agree and think it would be very responsible of a C.O. to note the land manager and source for permission. Sounds like a new thread I thought about starting Just not sure I want to be the one to ruffle folks feathers
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Better to have a few ruffled feathers than a caching ban altogether. This is what has happened here: I have a couple of posts on that thread regarding this. Sorry for getting off topic Gary.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=230291
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Smile that's OK

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Better to have a few ruffled feathers than a caching ban altogether. This is what has happened here: I have a couple of posts on that thread regarding this. Sorry for getting off topic Gary.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=230291
    I'm good, Haffy as it is keeping the thread alive till Rick can fix the links on the front page.

Maine: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_tra...imits_2009.htm

New Hampshire: http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunt...nd_seasons.htm

Vermont: http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/Cal...terange=future
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Exclamation Hunting season in Maine

This Saturday, September 12th marks the start of the Fall hunting season in Maine. As for Vermont and New Hampshire they got an early start, and opened their season's on the first of September. So be aware of the area you will be hiking in and always wear orange when out in the woods this time of year.

I picked up a nice vest last year at Walmart that has plenty of pockets to store all of my Fall gear in.

Happy hunting and be safe everyone!

The above post has the correct links and states attached to them.

Default Good

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    This Saturday, September 12th marks the start of the Fall hunting season in Maine. As for Vermont and New Hampshire they got an early start, and opened their season's on the first of September. So be aware of the area you will be hiking in and always wear orange when out in the woods this time of year.

I picked up a nice vest last year at Walmart that has plenty of pockets to store all of my Fall gear in.

Happy hunting and be safe everyone!

The above post has the correct links and states attached to them.

Thank you. Something to keep in mind.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.