vb:literal>

Thread: Couples who cache?

Default Couples who cache?

Hello all,

Thanks again to everyone who I've spoken with so far for my radio documentary produced by the Salt Institute.

My photographer and I are working on a small photo/audio slideshow about "caching love" - couples who cache together, met through caching, got married at caching events...we heard that you're out there and we'd love to meet you for an interview!

Also, is there anyone who has just started dating or who is planning to get married at a caching event in the near future? Send me a message!

Looking forward to hearing your stories.

All the best,
    Amanda

Amanda - if you haven't head about the Ball and Chain cache - you should go view it from the beginning of the logs. It is one of mine and searchable using hollora as the cache owner/hider. It was a ton of fun for some good friends (who cache together - with separtate IDs).

I also will add - they have become folks who love Mega Events and the Quilting Mom one - volunteers at those events. Another dynamic of the game.

Sorry I missed you when you were in the area - perhaps another time.

Hi Amanda, I met you at the Bangor City Forest when Ekidokai game to rescue our dog Andre after his encounter with a porcupine.

I agree with reading the Ball & Chain logs. We did not do the cache yet because there was a muggle parked in a car right in front of the hiding spot when we went to find it, but we really enjoyed reading all of the online logs. Such a nice story!! Also, you've already met them, but brdad and msteelee met at a caching event and are the sweetest couple ever.

My husband and I cache together. We share a screenname and try not to cache without each other (I've done 2 without him and he's done 2 without me). I think it's a really nice way for couples to practice communicating with each other and working together.

Thanks! I will check out that log and get back to you guys if I have questions!

-Amanda

You might want to check out:

www.splinterheadsthemovie.com
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Amanda, I don't know if you have happened to see the geocaching marriage proposals on you tube, but they are rather amusing.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default Post Script

Di and I were married July 26, 2008. During out honeymoon, we logged our 2000th cache and did a pile of caches that week in the Rockwood area. While it wasn't a "cachers wedding" it was certainly a cache filled honeymoon.

As a footnote, caching is an acitivity that most couples can enjoy together...period. I don't ask Di to race stock cars with me, jump out of planes, hunt, but when I load up a couple dozen new caches, she's good to go and certainly finds her share. I'd have to say the caching is the favorite of the activities we do together!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Dan and Di

Having cached with Dan and Di on many occasion, I believe they are a perfect caching couple! I wish my wife was as much into caching as Di is! I have seen this lady in action and you had better move as fast as she does or get out of her way when she is going to a cache. It must be nice for Dan to have a spouse who is as much into this hobby as he is.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright