vb:literal>

Thread: easy gps

Default easy gps

I am setting my stepmother up with easy gps and I have some questions. I use GSAK so I am not familiar with EASY GPS. I am having all of the caches in maine sent in PQ's and then loading them in EASY GPS. Where can I find a total of all caches in it's database? Can I filter them? Will it display her finds?
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

If you order a PQ, it only knows if you have found each individual cache, not anyone else. If we both create two identical PQs, yours will have your finds listed as found and mine will have mine. Short of editing the GPX file, there is not much you can do there.

The way I count caches in EasyGPS is to click the send to GPS button. The next screen will tell you how many caches it is attempting to send. You can cancel from there. IIRC there is not much filtering ability, and you can't read the descriptions.

Why not just install GSAK on her computer?
    Last edited by brdad; 09-03-2009 at 09:08 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

She is running an Apple and it will not communicate with her GPS so I have been doing everything from my computer.

Default Ahhhhhhhh...

That explains it. I'm out of this conversation then. Well, almost.

Perhaps you might want to try some of the MAC software listed on gc.com or some of our Mac users might have ideas.

Geocaching Software
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

She did install some of the mac software but I have not looked for myself yet!