vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Need Landowner Permission To Place A Cache?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    ooops......ty for the reminder. And thank you for creating what could be a fun and interesting thread
    Yup - this one and the other one!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    And before anyone gets their Granny Panties in a giant wadd......

They WERE from Canada and I don't know their names or I wouldn't have used the term Canadian Cachers, AND , I am not acusing Any Canadian Cachers of Anything. I'm just referencing to the " Rush and Trample" approach we saw that day. I have never seen it before or again.!!

Opalsns
    No accusations may have been intended, but I still find that mildly offensive. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with other cachers regardless of where they were from. (Why was it even necessary to note their nationality if your point was solely around the "rush and trample" approach?)

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    No accusations may have been intended, but I still find that mildly offensive. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with other cachers regardless of where they were from. (Why was it even necessary to note their nationality if your point was solely around the "rush and trample" approach?)
    Because They were from Canada !!!!!!!!!

If I were from Canada as Eebee is, I would have felt the same way.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

This still has little to do with permissions, but...

While being from Canada has no bearing at all on their actions, it does tell us something. It tells us that there are cachers who can be irresponsible or ignorant even when they are away from home. In most situations people behave better when they are in an unfamiliar area, so I would hate to see how these folks might cache in their own neighborhood, regardless of what state or country it is in.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    This reminds me of recent news headlines, Hispanic woman calls in to police that a black man appears to be breaking into a home.

The facts; she is hispanic and the male in question is black. It appeared to the hispanic woman that the man was forcing his way into a home. It had nothing to due with color, race, gender and or religion yet people will take something at face value and spin it to suit their own needs.

Opalsn stated the facts in their post, not a racial slur, a stereotype or anything else. If I said I went to a car accident involving a canadian, I would be stating facts not making a comment about canadian drivers.

I'm thinking people that take offense to hearing facts need to modify their thinking.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

It often helps to know someone's intentions, mode of operation, way of handling issues, ability to express themself clearly...or in a peaceful manner. QTIP
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

I wonder how many caches would not have been placed and enjoyed by the masses if land owner permission had NOT been given or even tried to obtain?? !! I always try to get permission but sometimes I personally feel that places I have caches didn't need approval from anyone but the Publishers of our caches. (public) But I believe there would be a whole lot less caches in areas when land owner permission is "required" on our forms. I am still new at this and some of my thoughts and ideas have disturbed many. So, I guess i will just go with the flow and do what everyone else does. What ever that may be !... I would hate to think a neat new cache area and location that's really cool would have to be passed upon because we are not able to figure out or even find the land owner...I think the " NO TRESPASSING " signs say it all. No sign, fair game.

So I blabbed my thought...

Cache On !

I guess the underlying thought for me would be...how would I like it if some stranger decided to bring many people from all around the world to my land and not even be considerate about my permisson, and having them tromph all over my moss, woods, or whatever.( It is at least a little comforting to hear about the injury suit laws that Dubord talked about on another thread. ) What might not look like anything particularly special to you might be to the landowner. We need to take a walk on the high side to keep this game respectable, don't you think? If its not a guardrail, someone probably needs to approve the placement I would think.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Looking back over the past posts now, I notice that even guard rail caches(at the waterfront) are sometimes not welcomed.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."