vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing new GCM members

I must be skipping too many threads, I have seen very few heated arguments here.

Anyway, back to the original topic, I have suggested the same thing and practice it on a regular basis. I originally posted it in my http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=1564 article:

13. Communication! Check your gc.com emails on a regular basis. Respond to emails concerning your caches. Send emails to finders if you have questions or just want to congratulate them - if your cache is their first, send an email welcoming them to the sport, and invite them to join Geocaching Maine! Be friendly and fair if there is a disagreement. If you are not willing to do this, don't place a cache!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    As many know, here is where they live: http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=1567
    I've tried adding them after publishing a cache but it threw off the justification and the cache description just didn't look good. I guess in my case, I need to add it when first publishing.
    I would be glad to try and help you with the HTML on your cache page. The more we promote the site the better. Feel free to send me a PM or catch me in chat and we'll see what we can do to make it right.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Even though I am living here in SC now I still consider Maine my 1st home and hope that someday I will be living back in Maine. Just need a job prospect!!!!!
    Any offers?????
    Sheesh! I'll give you $15 an hour to cut, split and stack my firewood! My saw, my splitter, my gas/oil...

Wow........I was just thinking about this today while grudgingly doing some new caches. I've read logs and heard feedback from other cachers offline about how frustrated they are w/the hides, and it's not from legitimate difficulty. Of course we like the series and really want to complete it.....no matter how difficult it is...or lack of responses from the C.O.. So I was kicking myself for not inviting the C.O. to the site when I met them on the trail the other day. They could get help in placing/listing/correcting. So thanks Haffy for starting the thread before I did

We just lost a chunk of caches down this way by a new cacher that enjoyed putting them out. They moved out of State. Even more sad is that I know folks, even myself who would have adopted them, had we known through this site. The C.O. lurked silently on this site and on chat. So I'm really not sure what it takes to motivate folks to participate.....even when we do get them here.

I do know this......QTIP(Quit Taking it Personally), assuming the best and not the worst... focusing on sharing constructive things that build up or encourage... rather than tearing down and alienating are all great steps in the right direction.

Cache.......and Let Cache
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Thanks, I no doubt will ask. I think first, I'll play with it to try and learn. When the frustration level approaches def-con 4, I'll ask.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I would be glad to try and help you with the HTML on your cache page. The more we promote the site the better. Feel free to send me a PM or catch me in chat and we'll see what we can do to make it right.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.