vb:literal>

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What makes an irresponsible cacher / cache hider?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    I don't know a thing......not logically anyway Perhaps you're being paranoid....I just hope you're not acting premature, unecessarily upsetting yourself and/or others over something simple.

I might have issue if I were the reviewer. Just re-read your post to do w/firearms and intent, which isn't smart or appropirate at all in this forum, let alone one to do w/self defense. Does eminent danger sound familiar!? That has nothing to do w/protection of property. I know I'd take my time assessing whether your cache placement is appropriate. If you posted those comments on GC.com forums as well...perhaps it goes further up than the State level of reviewing and accepting the placement.

We all make mistakes and have to take responsibility for them if we plan to move on in a healthy manner. If you're having so many challenges w/caching and the local community, maybe it's not a good fit. It does happen. Have you checked out other options like Buxley's!? http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/

We all have great qualities and things to contribute to a community. Your attitude & antagonistic postings on other threads aren't very becoming. Are you sure people really know how to take you? The many negative interactions would lead me to believe that something's off. We're all here to have fun...and I for one will say it's not Very fun to read many of the Dramatic and inappropriate postings. Personal politics don't belong in the game of geocaching. Let's not insist otherwise.

Many people's bark is louder than their bite.......however, can you really take the chance!?

Relax and roll w/it. More often than not......we're our own worst enemy
    Oh Ok !
    Thanx
    Opalsns

I like cake!

Where the hell is that thing?

I think some people need to take a break and take a deeeep breath!

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    I think some people need to take a break and take a deeeep breath!
    Sheesh! I do so much agree! TAT is one of the friendliest, most respected, and likable geocachers in Maine. The fact that he was selected as "MaineApprover" reflects that. Undoubtedly, "The Crow" has never met TAT, nor conversed with him.

Default Lighten up everybody!

I think the post by squirrelcache was spot on and my sense from Patty's short response is that it hit home with her as well. I'm hoping that cool heads will prevail and the negativity can fade away. Life's too short to get overly worked up by words on a computer screen. We can all play nice together if we put forward the effort.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I agree. A+ post by squirrelcache. A thoughtful post indeed.

Back on track....

Irresponsible might be a harsh word, but I don't think it is responsible to hide a cache knowing if something goes wrong with it, you will most likely archive it. There are times when you didn't realize it was a bad spot, but oftentimes caches are hidden with this intention, sometimes the intent to archive at the first problem is even mentioned in the description or log. And no, I do not think this is a widespread problem.

What do you think?
    Last edited by brdad; 09-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I never thought about the intent to archive when placing, but a CO. I know that's a huge reason why I've not placed any yet. I want to make sure they get their best chance to survive. I know.....I probably over-think it. Myself, the kids, and another caching family have literally gone on cache placing trips to discuss where and what might be placed. We actually keep a list of ideas. I also have a Huge bin of containers and supplies that I'm not supposed to be adding to unless I start putting some out.....yeah right!

I've noticed that alot of folks haven't hesitated to place a cache on their property. I personally don't believe it to be good security. And have heard that I'm not the oly one who's hesitant to go find them. Secondly....I'm not sure it gives anymore chance of a longer lifespan. What it does give you is more opportunity for rants when you can't/don't maintain it!!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Better to over-think than under-think! I have never placed any of my caches on a whim, I bet every one took at least a month to decide on the details and hide it. A few a lot longer. And perhaps that helps, they have all lasted with less maintenance than I suspected.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I like cake!
    I prefer pie . . . but wouldn't pass up on eating cake.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I like cake!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I prefer pie . . . but wouldn't pass up on eating cake.
    I like beer, and cake. But I like cake from the dutch oven with beer even more...

*This post brought to you with the courtesy of Hiram's Thread De-railing Services*
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.