vb:literal>

Thread: NGS Benchmarks

Default NGS Benchmarks

I was so excited to see that GC.com could/would help me to find benchmarks, only to find out that it didn't help my count at all. I was disappointed because I felt that it could be a Great service to the community and professionals.

I've spoken to more than one surveyor that was glad I was re-discovering them, and asked me how I was helping to keep them visible and easily found for the "next guy". They recommended stakes and ribbon tape.

My question is this..... Having found Many benchmarks.... How come my stats page only shows one? Yet the benchmarks pages show them all?
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Benchmark hunting is fun, but sometimes it's tough to pull those buggers out of the hole.

If you like benchmarks, do them because of that, not for the numbers. I did my only benchmark finds in one day, I was on a quest prompted by the gc.com forums to find the extremes - in my case, it was the easternmost benchmark in the U.S..

I have not continued to do them, not so much because they re not interesting, but because it's like adding another whole hobby to the mix. I'd more likely do them if they were available in a standard cache PQ, whether they added to my numbers or not.

My benchmark finds all show. Did you click the "Show all logs" link? If not, it will only show what you have found in the last 30 days.

BTW, the mark shown is a retired one, I didn't really pull it out of the hole.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-05-2009 at 09:40 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Oh I didn't want to pursue them just to bump my numbers. They often times are more frustrating than a nano hunt w/a terrain difficulty of a 5! And some even happen to be buried under quite a bit of dirt, they've not been found for that long.

I'd just rather pursue a cache or two instead of a BM that won't help my over-all caching numbers.

I like finding bench marks, but I find it sometimes frustrating to find them online after I've found one and recorded the info. Some of them aren't in the database apparently.

Correct....there' one in lowlands along the Adroscoggin in Lisbon that can't be found in records.