vb:literal>

Thread: Night Cache in Orrington

Default Night Cache in Orrington

Just to let everyone know - I am hoping to be watching on Halloween and to be offering treats to those entering/leaving the night cache. Hopefully, I can catch everyone with some extra treats.

Won't leave stuff in the cache container, as that is not in the spriit - but will try to meet folks. I know some with younger folks may have allergies to some things - so please...........if you are planning on coming to visit and may have food allergies - let me know and I will try to accomodate.

The cache is not a bad one for kids - just have to watch your step and it is a walk. I hope some folks enjoy this as a Halloween cache.

If you have any questions - please PM of EM me. Cache on - cache happy!

Hollora states "and it is a walk"...... I just don't want people to think it's a long walk. It's an easy walk.....like she says, watch your step over roots and stuff, but it's a short walk. Very nicely done, plenty of fire tacks to guide your way, and it's a fun cache. Highly recommended.

The trick for that treat is to have one flashlight that does not have a very bright beam. I have some very powerful lites and found on this cache that a lite that is almost dead works the best. That way you get the glow from the tacks and the skull shows up really good.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Just a reminder Halloween is Saturday night. I will try to be here to accomodate kids with allergies but need an EM or PM from you that you are coming so I can get the stuff and make sure it is isolated from other candy or treats (which may have been in contact with allergins). Without an EM or PM, I may not be prepared.

You do not need to be in costume - in fact - probably better to have on boots and a good flashlight. Actually you can see part of the fire tac trail from Rt. 15, but, there is a fence. Please enter from the coords off Hoxie Hill Rd.

Now, read the cache page, as there may be a surprize for someone before the night is over. And, please, new cachers only (finders - if you have found the cache you are welcome to return but the prize is for a new finder only please) for the 2009 Halloween Prize! This will only be after dark - now, I don't mean sunset, twilight - I mean dark............and remember - I have another way to reach the cache.

Everyone - whatever you do Saturady night - stay safe! Make sure you are visable and have a flashlight. Even if not searching for a nightcache and fire tacks.

At twilight, hunters will still be coming out of the woods - this is the start of hunting season - remember your blaze orange. Cache on - cache happy and be safe!

Maybe I will see some of you on Halloween!

The Energizer LED headlamps have worked very well for geocaching. The red leds are bright enough to give you a great sense of where to step, while lighting up any reflectives and preserving your night vision. Perfect for night specific caches!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Hadn't thought of that.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Well, it is really dark now, the container of candy (to sustain you through the hunt and after) is at the trail head, some new Halloween swag (fun stuff for a TB) has been added and - ah, a mystery prize item. All dark and all set to go!

Just, please don't block my driveway - be careful and if the prize if not gone by morning (well, it will be). Please log taking it - and follow the rules.

Everyone have a fun night and be safe! Happy Halloween all!

PS - yes, the red lights work awesome and also the LED flashlights. Just got one at OceanStateJobLot with a coupon for small money and it's awesome.