vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music....

George is OK but Art is best.

Show tunes are great to listen to.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    So Bruce...Allman Brothers, Willie, Lynard Skynard, Pure Prairie League, Kris, and my wildcard pick Clapton? Wondering if any of these are on your dial? I have XM in the Chevy and it's nice to get anything from classical to Zappa!
    In the car, we usually stick with Sirius News/Talk. Fox News, changing to BBC World News, CBC Radio 1, or World Radio Network when the "top news" story gets beaten to death. I picked Sirius because our resident sound expert, Sudonim, told me I'd get better reception because of the placement of Sirius' satellites. I lose reception if I pass under a tree...

At home we listen to Live 365 internet radio: Soundtrack Lounge, Radio Vietnam, Celtic Highway (Celtic Woman, Haley Westenra), Radio Free A&M (A&M Records - Herb Alpert, etc.), and The Riverbank (new age, ambient - Enya/Secret Garden).

Default Tunes.....

I've had a 3 month trial of XM.....not really impressed, although there are some features I like but not enough to subscribe. That said, I prefer my trusty iPod. Currently on the iPod is Warren Zevon, Skynyrd, George Thorogood, Aerosmith, Eagles, Pavarotti, Eminim, Kid Rock and Clapton.

If it's earthly radio, then usually talk radio.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I picked Sirius because our resident sound expert, Sudonim, told me I'd get better reception because of the placement of Sirius' satellites. I lose reception if I pass under a tree...
    Are you driving around under those lead trees again Bruce?

Both Sirius and XM are line of sight antennas, but the signal will be reduced by overhead cover. Trees, bridges, heavy cloud days can all affect the signal strength. (Kayak on the roof, not good for reception BTW)
    We have seen BETTER reception with Sirius, but not perfect. Next time you're in the area, stop by and I'll look at your antenna, maybe we can adjust the location a bit.

Default Bad to the Bone...Freebird...Sites 15 and 16!

We're going to get along fine Eustis weekend, for sure!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    I've had a 3 month trial of XM.....not really impressed, although there are some features I like but not enough to subscribe. That said, I prefer my trusty iPod. Currently on the iPod is Warren Zevon, Skynyrd, George Thorogood, Aerosmith, Eagles, Pavarotti, Eminim, Kid Rock and Clapton.

If it's earthly radio, then usually talk radio.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

[QUOTE=Sudonim;57076
    We have seen BETTER reception with Sirius, but not perfect. Next time you're in the area, stop by and I'll look at your antenna, maybe we can adjust the location a bit.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Saturday is the Last Cashe event...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hmmm... Saturday is the Last Cashe event...
    I MAY be able to sneak out of work at 11, but I have to close at 2pm for a 50th anniversary party for some friends. If I show at the event, I'll check out the antenna.

Remember in the old days of radio when you was getting a bad signal you could move to another part of the room and you would bounce the signal so it came in perfect? Well, that still works today! All you need to do is place something or someone in a different location in your vehicle. Back in the old days when I had my '70 Dodge Dart, the radio came in much better if my ex wife was in the trunk. This had other benefits I won't go into here. Lately, with this newfangled digeetal TV stuff, I've found strategically placing the neighbor's kid in the correct location does wonders. I bet you could make this work in your vehicle, too.

Last edited by brdad; 09-10-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

There are many uses of duct tape when it comes to the science of sound waves. During covert missions......duct tape works well for reminding little ones to be mindful of their voices. Just ask my daughter It didn't cancel out the sound, but changed the frequency and diverted it quite well.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

XM Radio . . . I bought it for my wife. She enjoys it and gets great reception . . . rarely lose signal. I don't know as if I would pay for the priviledge however.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."