vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lonely and not so lonely caches

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I wish people had voted for the metric system back in... when was it, around 1975 maybe? By now, it would have been a good change. I was too young and most of the older fuddy-duddies were against learning anything new.
    Since I've spent almost 12 years outside the US, I'm pretty conversant in liters/kilograms (a 12 ounce beer is 33 centiliters).

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Since I've spent almost 12 years outside the US, I'm pretty conversant in liters/kilograms (a 12 ounce beer is 33 centiliters).
    it's actually 355ml or 35.5 cl (at least my can of coke, maybe bear is different haha ) we don't use centiliters much, unless it is distillate alcohol

I could be wrong, but I'd gamble Bruce is getting cheated and the can is a 33 cl / 330 ml can, which is just over 11 ounces. It seems likely that a metric using country would use an integer for the metric volume.

I swear I could start a topic of underwear or tuna fish or Barbie dolls and Bruce could turn it into a subject about beer!
    Last edited by brdad; 09-23-2009 at 07:07 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Many of you know that I travel internationally a fair amount and like Bruce have become pretty adept at imperial/metric and metric to imperial. Metric is so much easier to understand and use for length, volume, liquid and pressure. But.....as Nick the Beer Drinking Dog will tell you, a pint is pint!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

And that's wrong because.....?

I swear I could start a topic of underwear or tuna fish or Barbie dolls and Bruce could turn it into a subject about beer!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    And that's wrong because.....?
    Well, at least his post was math related in this thread. I'm guessing because he can count higher with beers than he can fingers and toes!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Ah, now I see. Counting in multiples of 6......

Well, at least his post was math related in this thread. I'm guessing because he can count higher with beers than he can fingers and toes!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Ah, now I see. Counting in multiples of 6......
    24 in a case...

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    it's actually 355ml or 35.5 cl (at least my can of coke, maybe bear is different haha ) we don't use centiliters much, unless it is distillate alcohol
    Oops - I had just looked at a Stella Artois bottle - forgetting that it is 11.5 ounces and not the regulation 12. Gotta watch those Belgians... Next they'll be doing it to Budweiser!

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    There are actually 3 countries in the world that don't use metric system yet. USA and some two small African countries. But they don't have anything to measure anyway so it doesn't matter for them which system they use for measures.

Anyway, for this purpose it doesn't matter what units are used. I could tell you it is miles or feet without changing the numbers and nobody would noticed
    I wish people had voted for the metric system back in... when was it, around 1975 maybe? By now, it would have been a good change. I was too young and most of the older fuddy-duddies were against learning anything new.
    Yeah, now I remember that too. It really isn't that hard. Just like learning a new language. After a while you get it down, with a slight, sexy accent.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.