vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Forget!

Default Never Forget!

The United States Flag should be flown at half-staff from sunrise until sunset on Friday September 11, 2009 In observance of Patriot Day, fly the American flag at half-staff from sunrise until sunset.

Last edited by brdad; 09-10-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Correction

Sorry, have to correct...It's Friday, September 11th, 2009.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Sorry, have to correct...It's Friday, September 11th, 2009.
    Thanks so much, I fixed it. Where did Wednesday go?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thank you very much for passing along reminders. I come from a strong background of Veterans. There are many things that aren't taught or taken seriously anymore. It saddens me when people wear a hat or talk during the National Anthem.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Hard day today for some of us. Arriving at ground zero about 25 hours after the attack and spending a week there was like nothing else.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

My heart goes out to the many spouses and children that had to continue after such terrible losses. And to the families that lost loved ones in the rescues.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Like those of us who are old enough to have been around when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, we will always remember where we were when we heard of this tragedy.

Default Brothers

Please also remember the 343 Brothers who gave their lives serving others. Your community, large or small, have firefighters who serve the community and face the same perils, paid or unpaid.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Thank you for bringing this up. I can remember that day well. I was in school at KVTC and I was walking from one building to another and I saw the crowd gathered at the campus center.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

It seems a little surreal that this was 8 years ago. The students at my school had a nice ceremony with the chorus surrounding our flagpole and singing "God Bless America" and the "Star Spangled Banner". Interestingly very few of the students actually remember 9/11. They freshmen were only 6 years old then. The remember it sort of like how I think of JFK or Woodstock, Through news reports and books. The ceremony was short, sweet and completely student driven. That makes me feel good.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?