vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Dynamics

Default Group Dynamics

We've all seen it, felt it, struggled w/it at one time or another and had to learn through the school of hard knocks. I'm talking about the wonderful challenges that come from inter/intrapersonal communications. Everyone getting along.

So....how do we learn about getting along? Our upbringing affects it and so do life experiences along the way. It's really no different than anything else in life, learning through trial and error.

Communication is key to many things in life, and its importance often forgotten when it comes to getting along. Not that we stop communicating(most of the time), it's about the quality/timing/assertiveness.

Assertiveness isn't about being a bully! It isn't about getting what you want. It's a subject that many relationship counselors spend most of their time focusing on. It's the middle ground between passive and aggressive. Don't be passive and let everything slide, you talk about things all along the way instead of letting them build into an aggressive moment that destroys ties.

Pack energy is unavoidable in most cases. When you are around others, in a group, you can/will say/do many things that aren't the norm for yourself. We see it at huge sporting events when the energy of a crowd takes over, and people get hurt. The same can happen w/our mouth, and people get hurt. It's something you have to be aware of, and keep it under control. Even if it means removing yourself or breaking things up. No loittering!

Personalities vary w/a situation and it keeps things interesting. Do your best to avoid a myoptic view. It might come as a surprise to some......You're Not The Only One to consider. It's hard to see things from another's standpoint, yet important to practice. All the different interests and personalities are what keep a community working and thriving.

Getting along takes a ton of patience, understanding, perseverance, love and peace. Do you have to love everyone else!? No, mostly yourself. You can't love others if you don't love yourself. And you can't love yourself w/out giving it out so that it comes back. It's a wonderful process. Pay it forward......and often.

It's all about choices. We make them everyday. And if you don't like where you are in life, No one is to blame but yourself. You are the only one that can change things. We all have sets of challenges to over-come in life. It goes so much smoother when we help each other, and build up rather than tearing down.

So what do you think? See something that you feel is a great reminder? Oh....and before I forget!

Cake!! Life isn't a piece of cake. Life is about everyone adding their special touch and pitching into make an Awesome cake. When it's all done....we All get to share in it and enjoy the fellowship.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

mmmmmm, cake!

I've remained rather quiet on some recent topics....really no need to dispense my thoughts when others had. Phil is very correct here. Everyday we make a decision, a choice. It won't always be the right one, so learn from it.

For some of us, we merely need to look within to find the answers to the questions we ask.

........then go caching.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    It's all about choices. We make them everyday. And if you don't like where you are in life, No one is to blame but yourself. You are the only one that can change things. We all have sets of challenges to over-come in life. It goes so much smoother when we help each other, and build up rather than tearing down.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    We've all seen it, felt it, struggled w/it at one time or another and had to learn through the school of hard knocks. I'm talking about the wonderful challenges that come from inter/intrapersonal communications. Everyone getting along.

So....how do we learn about getting along? Our upbringing affects it and so do life experiences along the way. It's really no different than anything else in life, learning through trial and error.

Communication is key to many things in life, and its importance often forgotten when it comes to getting along. Not that we stop communicating(most of the time), it's about the quality/timing/assertiveness.

Assertiveness isn't about being a bully! It isn't about getting what you want. It's a subject that many relationship counselors spend most of their time focusing on. It's the middle ground between passive and aggressive. Don't be passive and let everything slide, you talk about things all along the way instead of letting them build into an aggressive moment that destroys ties.

Pack energy is unavoidable in most cases. When you are around others, in a group, you can/will say/do many things that aren't the norm for yourself. We see it at huge sporting events when the energy of a crowd takes over, and people get hurt. The same can happen w/our mouth, and people get hurt. It's something you have to be aware of, and keep it under control. Even if it means removing yourself or breaking things up. No loittering!

Personalities vary w/a situation and it keeps things interesting. Do your best to avoid a myoptic view. It might come as a surprise to some......You're Not The Only One to consider. It's hard to see things from another's standpoint, yet important to practice. All the different interests and personalities are what keep a community working and thriving.

Getting along takes a ton of patience, understanding, perseverance, love and peace. Do you have to love everyone else!? No, mostly yourself. You can't love others if you don't love yourself. And you can't love yourself w/out giving it out so that it comes back. It's a wonderful process. Pay it forward......and often.

So what do you think? See something that you feel is a great reminder? Oh....and before I forget!

Cake!! Life isn't a piece of cake. Life is about everyone adding their special touch and pitching into make an Awesome cake. When it's all done....we All get to share in it and enjoy the fellowship.
    O.K., and your point is?
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

that's too many words to read, you're getting to be as bad as firefighterjake....

so I'll agree with cachecrashers, I like cake too.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    O.K., and your point is?
    Yikes.......guess college(Social & Behavioral Sciences) sunk it a bit too deep.....huh!?

Default Says it all...

I still like Hiram's Tag Line.

And I like cake too.....
    Happy Trails!

You know, you guys make being allergic to cake kinda difficult. I've been craving it all day. I think I'm going to attempt baking a Tina-friendly cake tonight. If I give myself food poisoning I blame all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I still like Hiram's Tag Line.]
    But that's only half of the quote.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. However, the loser is still the loser.

And regarding the cake - who put those darn sprinkles on it! I didn't want sprinkles!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    O.K., and your point is?
    My wife says that it all could have been condensed as usual "QTIP"