Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Geocache Archival

  1. #11

    Default

    ok ok i will when i get up in the morning
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Glad to hear you're ok. I was concerned.......
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

  3. #13

    Default

    went this morning and found the cache container 40 feet from site. so new container and new log. i must be really slipping allowing work to get in front of caching.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I still need to get out to the island to check on our cache. We probably will next weekend. Melissa just had some surgery done and is not quite up to making the trip out there. I have temporarily disabled Cole's Cache until we can check it. The other is still going strong though.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    408

    Default

    There are soooo many ideas on our list of caches/places to hide. We continue to hold back, wanting to make them the best we can. Honestly...seeing and hearing the many complaints from cachers when things havne't been maintained...I'll be lucky to ever get a cache out there!

    The one thing I have learned is that we personally will put multi/series caches at the top of our maintenance list. I don't want to let people down if they're interested in doing our caches, esp. if they hope to follow a series/multi to the end.

    I'm amazed how some of the C.O.s have been able to balance it all !!!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    I'm amazed how some of the C.O.s have been able to balance it all !!!
    This amazes me and always has. When I started caching there was a guy who had only found a few caches but had hidden 22 or so. There was not a cacher around who could figure how or why someone would hide so many caches. I only have 6 hides, they are fairly safe from muggles so they nearly maintain themselves. And I'm still not sure I could maintain many more! I would not even want to deal with the emails Northwoods Explorer gets on his 60+ earthcaches.

    I'm still not sure I agree with anyone hiding the numbers they do, but I figure let them hide them and let them prove they can be responsible for all of them before I pass judgment.

    If I made the rules, there would probably be some limit, as well as a provision that kept anyone from having a cache approved if any of their other caches were disabled. If you have time to hide a cache, you have time to fix the ones you already have!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    ... I'm still not sure I agree with anyone hiding the numbers they do, but I figure let them hide them and let them prove they can be responsible for all of them before I pass judgment.
    Wouldn't it be better to believe C.O.'s are responsible enough to hide them and pass judgment when it can be proved otherwise?

    How long does it take to receive your judgment and how does one prove he or she is responsible?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Northwoods Explorer is an example of how responsible one can be. I've Always gotten correspondence in a timely fashion, even when I wasn't looking for a reply. He'll have far more than 60 caches before it's all said and done too

    People often rise to the level of expectation........give em' the benefit of the doubt , some encouragement, and you just might be surprised.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to believe C.O.'s are responsible enough to hide them and pass judgment when it can be proved otherwise?

    How long does it take to receive your judgment and how does one prove he or she is responsible?
    Sorry, my statement wasn't well stated. I'll fully accept yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Northwoods Explorer is an example of how responsible one can be. I've Always gotten correspondence in a timely fashion, even when I wasn't looking for a reply. He'll have far more than 60 caches before it's all said and done too
    Well, that was just the 60 Earthcaches he has. I was ignoring the 62 conventional available caches he has!

    We have always gotten a quick reply from him as well. Again, I don't know how he does it, but he's doing it - that's what matters.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Posts
    548

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

    If I made the rules, there would probably be some limit, as well as a provision that kept anyone from having a cache approved if any of their other caches were disabled. If you have time to hide a cache, you have time to fix the ones you already have!
    That could add alot of work on the Publisher as you would also have to consider why someones caches were disabled. I knowI have disabled severaly of the caches that I have placed due to issues with where the cache was placed and type of cache. I have one that I removed because the place where the cache was was getting torn apart by construction, another becuse the place just plain washed away and one of my favorites just beacuse I could not find a way to get the cache itself to hold up to whst it needed to. I have one of my puzzle caches that I am thinking about disabling do to the issues with the conected TB's.

    We also need to learn what we can do as well. I do not know nay of us who have not made mistakes in placement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •