vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geocache Archival

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post

That could add alot of work on the Publisher as you would also have to consider why someones caches were disabled. I knowI have disabled severaly of the caches that I have placed due to issues with where the cache was placed and type of cache. I have one that I removed because the place where the cache was was getting torn apart by construction, another becuse the place just plain washed away and one of my favorites just beacuse I could not find a way to get the cache itself to hold up to whst it needed to. I have one of my puzzle caches that I am thinking about disabling do to the issues with the conected TB's.

We also need to learn what we can do as well. I do not know nay of us who have not made mistakes in placement.
    Yeah, it's reasons like the one you posed that explain why gc.com doesn't have me help with the rules.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yeah, it's reasons like the one you posed that explain why gc.com doesn't have me help with the rules.
    yeah, but if you helped gc.com make the rules, only you would be allowed to place caches...

and then we would only be able to find them once you posted the correct coords, again... (heh, you'll never live that one down)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I have some caches hidden so well I get 5 or 6 DNFs in a row. I am tempted to automatically disable them until I can check on them, but when I do that it seems to turn out that the cache is still there. If I don't disable them, then it seems the cache is missing!.......At around 130 active caches, I'm pretty busy running around from cache to cache replacing logs, repairing and replacing caches.
    My cache "Blue Waters" has been disabled for most of the summer. The structure the cache was hidden on is gone, so replacement is going to involve a different spot and power tools! The place is so busy in the summer, that I have been unable to replace it yet......I've been there four times now!........The tourists are leaving so I'll get it soon!
    I live in Augusta and have several caches up around Flagstaff Lake. I've had to go up there twice this summer for cache maintenance.
    So, heavy cache placement, can indeed keep one busy!