vb:literal>

Thread: Missing Travel Bugs DO Come Back...

Default Missing Travel Bugs DO Come Back...

Just got a message that this White Jeep TB has resurfaced after 4 years! After reviewing the logs for the TB, I could add 1 and 1, and draw a conclusion, but I won't...

In the end.....it's just good to have it back in circulation I'm sure. Congrats to the owner
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Congrats to the owner
    Actually, the "owner" was Jeep! LOL! I think the White Jeep TB was the first issue - and Brdad was the Maine releaser. Seems to me that Cameoooo (now Cache Maine), was the releaser the second year. Yellow Jeep TB? Sheesh. Memory is failing fast...

The Yellow Jeeps were the first year. Amazingly, when gc.com posted for individuals to distribute them, not a soul from Maine offered, so I was contacted by GPSFun and asked to do the task. Shortly after that I received Maine's allotment of 40 Jeeps. I sent a portion of these to Aefuss to be distributed in the eastern part of the state and he sent a few of those to the north, which was pretty dead cache-wise at that time! All but two of the rest I distributed to other cachers at the BBQ event.

The second year (The White Jeeps) I contacted gc.com and told them if no one volunteered I could help. Fortunately Cameo had already jumped in and offered, so I didn't have much to do with them except that she brought them all to the house and talked about ways of distributing them. Many were placed unlogged in random caches which seemed fun at the time, but I know a few weren't 100% happy with that plan because of the risk of theft. It's amazing any of the Jeeps made it as far as they did. Not many people cared since they were not owned by individuals. Heck, many don't care when TBs are owned by individuals! There was a rumor that Jeep was going to transfer ownership of the yellow Jeeps once their promotion was over, but it never happened. I think that made individuals care even less in subsequent years - I know it did me.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-19-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Sheesh! I knew Brdad would remember! LOL! But that was really a great promotion. And it looks like we may be renting a Jeep when we're in Hawaii. Maybe I'll be a convert... NOT!

Default it does happen...

Of course, years is hard to defend. I grabbed a TB in March, let the kids play with it on the way home. A few weeks ago, my wife was cleaning out the toy box and came across it. I emailed the owner, fell on my sword and put it back out.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?