vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moxie Falls and Angel Falls

Hybrid View

Default Moxie Falls and Angel Falls

I will be visiting my parents in Maine next week and we mentioned the possibility of going to Moxie Falls, Angel Falls and the Portland Headlight. I was wondering if there was an easy way to find out if there are caches in the vicinity of those landmarks. If it makes life easier, I have a premium membership to www.geocaching.com. Thank you for any assistance.

srbunker

I can tell you for a fact that there are caches at each of those locations that you mentioned. If I had Brdad's macro I would post them but I don't so you'll probably have an answer shortly with the cache GC numbers. Enjoy your trip and the foliage in the Moxie and Angel Falls area should be just perfect. Keep checking back and I'm sure someone will have the info you are asking for.

Here is a little help with the water fall caches: http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ght=waterfalls
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I found that link after I posted and checked out the ones on it. I think there were some new ones too.

Default Thanks again

I wanted to let you know that I found 2 of the Moxie Falls caches you sent me. I wanted to do more but my father wasn't as patient while I searched. I found Got moxie? and A Celebration at the Forks. They were great and I had alot of fun. We are headed over to the Portland Headlight tomorrow where we will have more time. I am hoping to find more tomorrow. Thanks again for you assistance.

Default Portland Head

Went to the Portland Head yesterday. I found the Fort Williams Cache and the location for the Picture this for the Portland head. Couldn't find the cache, I will log it as a DNF, although the muggle factor made it REALLY difficult to search. Heading to Screw Auger Falls and Coos Canyon tomorrow. Hoping to find a couple more. Unfortunately, my parents aren't very patient for this type of thing, so I may not have time. I will come up another time and will perhaps take a day trip by myself to find them.

I made a trip that got rained out, but if you go up through grafton notch to Errol, NH there are a handful of caches. Then jump on 16 back to rangeley and down through the height of lands to coos, that would be a good trip.

Welcome to the site!

Yes, there are caches near all of those places. I'll list the closest 5 to each, if you want to run PQs run one at each of the first caches.

Moxie Falls
    0 miles - Got Moxie? (GCH9JK) by WhereAreWe (1/2)
    3.6 miles - Celebration at the Forks (GC1XC49) by parmachenee (2/2)
    4.34 miles - Kennebec River Gorge (GCY6VG) by WhereRWe? & RULOST2? (1.5/1.5)
    4.71 miles - Mosquito Sighting (GCY5K4) by M&M Guys (2/4)
    4.89 miles - Castaway (GCGDZW) by Lee and Pete (1/4.5)

Angel Falls
    0 miles - Jammer (GC186F) by lucien (2/2)
    3.69 miles - Minnesota Twins visit Height of the Land (GC14Y72) by Katadin Goddess (1.5/1.5)
    4.21 miles - Stepping Stones on the Swift (GCY0C0) by parmachenee (2/3)
    5.75 miles - Coos Canyon Cache (GCNDJQ) by mainiac1957 (1.5/2)
    6.58 miles - travel bug (GC12XW2) by johnnsue1 (1.5/1.5)

Portland Headlight
    0 miles - PICTURE THIS # 14 PORTLAND HEADLIGHT (GC1CHV2) by HD (1.5/1.5)
    0.15 miles - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (GCR9Q9) by hoamdezinahs (3/1.5)
    0.2 miles - The Fort Williams Cache (GC128) by Richard Amirault (adopted by kayakerinme) (1/1.5)
    0.25 miles - PICTURE THIS #11 FORT WILLIAMS (GC16R18) by rydnfree (2.5/1.5)
    0.26 miles - Can You Find My Quinquagenarius Cache? (GC1QPGX) by Law1646 (3.5/2)

If you decide to check out any other waterfalls, check out my Waterfalls in Maine with caches article!
    Last edited by brdad; 09-29-2009 at 06:10 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Can you read me that well, Haffy? I was 5 minutes slow!
    Last edited by brdad; 09-29-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I just happened to be here when the ? was posted so I obliged...lol . I'll have to download that macro,it sure helps a lot. Thanks
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oddly enough John, I have been working on and just finished and uploaded a new version of my Copy_To_Clip Macro. It now has the ability to list the distances from the current center point, great for threads like this.

Output format is:

0 miles - You Sank My Battleship! (GCB688) by brdad (4/2)
    14.47 miles - EaglEyeStash (GCGGXG) by brdad (3/3)
    16.75 miles - A mile from a halfmile (GC8D2A) by brdad (1.5/2.5)
    17.93 miles - Halfmile (GCH21C) by brdad (3/3.5)
    19.98 miles - Sounds Easy To Me (GC1VFWZ) by brdad (3.5/3)
    44.88 miles - Old 470 (GCAE12) by brdad (3/1.5)

The macro can be obtained here.
    I will edit my first post accordingly!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!