vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Caches

Default Night Caches

Team Richards and I plan, hopefully, to put out a night cache before the event. The coords that will be given are for the starting point, the place where you can see the first firetack. That place isn't the required tenth of a mile from another cache but the actual ending point (at the night cache) is. What are the rules here??
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Cache containers and physical stages should generally be separated by a minimum of 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m). A physical stage is defined as any stage that contains a physical element placed by the geocache owner, such as a tag with the next set of coordinates or a container. Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.
    Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements.
    So, if the first point is a place where you could see the fire tack (for instance); that would not be a physical stage and no minimum distance is required.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    So, if the first point is a place where you could see the fire tack (for instance); that would not be a physical stage and no minimum distance is required.
    Sounds like the beginnings to the description of a letterbox! Gets my gears turning........
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

You did good KL - Loved it!

Default Night Cache

Have 20,000,000 million candlelight power...will travel. Lit the cache up like Disneyland!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

It worked, I found it so it had to be done well if I did not get lost

Default Hat?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Have 20,000,000 million candlelight power...will travel. Lit the cache up like Disneyland!
    But did you have your coyote hat on?? I may hire you next year, at the next night cache, to put it on and jump out at people... And Mapachi can growl...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

i wish we had a night cache near augusta (that i have not done yet trf)
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Default Night Caches!

Di and I really enjoyed the Osgood cache in Palermo and the night cache at the event in Eustis. We have a nice night cache planned, probably we'll send for publication just before Halloween. So stay tuned, we'll have some night time fun!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di and I really enjoyed the Osgood cache in Palermo and the night cache at the event in Eustis. We have a nice night cache planned, probably we'll send for publication just before Halloween. So stay tuned, we'll have some night time fun!
    Woot! Now, can I borrow your light LOL!