vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorm

Default Delorm

I've had my Delorme PN30 for a couple of weeks now,and I can say it's a piece of JUNK.I have an old Garmin Geko,and I know that I can put all the info that I need in less time than it takes to download 250 caches.In fact I'm still waiting and it's been over an hour..Give me my Magillan back..

I'm not sure why it takes so long to load the Delorme. I don't use mine much these days either. The cache register requires you to not only be a GC.com premium member, but to be logged on. Garmin products are lightning fast comparatively when it comes to loading. I think Any GPSr worth Anything for geocaching......should be able to be batch loaded Anytime you want from a laptop W/Out the internet!!!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

you can use GSAK to load the pn40 w/o being online...mine goes pretty fast either way...

I export a GPX file from GSAK then import it into Cache Register and it moves almost as fast as any other GPS I have had. An extra step but it is not too bad. I work with it often offline when traveling and this works this way as well it only puts up a nag message and I am sure that is probably a requirement of the tie in with Geocaching.com more than what Delorme wanted. I have the PN 20 and am relitivly content with it and the only issue that I have is the speed problem, But I have never found one that I liked everything on, it is a trade off on what you are looking for. But I do not want to start a war of what is the best GPS as that is one that none of us can win

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    But I do not want to start a war of what is the best GPS as that is one that none of us with a Magellan or a Delorme can win, because Garmin is the best.
    Yes Rob, I totally agree!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hiram357 -I understand that you have ways of adjusting GPSr's

Quote Originally Posted by number seven View Post
    Hiram357 -I understand that you have ways of adjusting GPSr's
    definition of "adjusting" for hiram : conveniently lost or dropped
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    definition of "adjusting" for hiram : conveniently lost or dropped
    And this is the winner for the "Best One Liner of the Day."

Thanks for the laugh.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I did not know he adjusted his GPS, but that explains how he finds them in snow banks.... Here I just thought he just adjusted other people quoates.

No more DeLorme P-N 30 I have to take my hat off to the crew at DeLorme for trying to fix it,but two weeks is long enough.They were courteous and professional,and I thank them..But it's time to go geocaching,even if I have to use my old Garmin Geko.I see another Magellan in my futcher