vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Delorm

Default Oregon's

We love ours. Garmin has had a bunch of firmware updates since we bought them and each update has made the unit even better. Make sure you check for updates as they have been fairly frequent and have helped settle down the compass.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

How much? Always looking to upgrade.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I get the idea that many of you have had problems with Magellan.What are some of the pitfalls.Was I just lucky on the one that I had?

Quote Originally Posted by number seven View Post
    I get the idea that many of you have had problems with Magellan.What are some of the pitfalls.Was I just lucky on the one that I had?
    hehehe. My personal pitfall with the Magellan was chasing down FFJ's caches for FTF. That Magellan of FFJ's seemed infamous for transposing numbers or in some instances displaying the wrong number. Although I will say, FFJ's Magellan would correctly place 6 of the 7 numbers in a north or west coordinate but those searching for his caches never knew which of those 6 of the 7 numbers to trust.

In actuality, there is nothing wrong with a Magellan and in the end it filters out to "users preference."

Cache On!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Hummm, I was on one of those FFJ FTF hunts once. Oh the nice things we were saying about the Magellan's.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    How much? Always looking to upgrade.
    I got mine on sale at the Dick's in Agusta for $379, not since Garmin lists the retail price at $399 on their site.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Now if they would come up w/a mix between the oregon and the colorado!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    hehehe. My personal pitfall with the Magellan was chasing down FFJ's caches for FTF. That Magellan of FFJ's seemed infamous for transposing numbers or in some instances displaying the wrong number. Although I will say, FFJ's Magellan would correctly place 6 of the 7 numbers in a north or west coordinate but those searching for his caches never knew which of those 6 of the 7 numbers to trust.

In actuality, there is nothing wrong with a Magellan and in the end it filters out to "users preference."

Cache On!!
    The problem wasn't with the Magellan . . . but rather with the over-excited hider transposing numbers . . . and I'm pretty sure I'm not dyslexic so I don't have any real excuse other than being in a rush to write the numbers down.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by number seven View Post
    I suspect you'll find that this is just a "Ford vs. Chevy" sort of debate . . . I've had zero issues with either of my Magellans . . . hard to say if things have changed any with the sale of the company and the newer units, but my Explorist 210 and Magellan Meridian have peformed flawlessly . . . now the user using the GPSr . . . that's a different story sometimes.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Number seven,
    I too went to LL Bean looking for the Colorado, and asking why they do not carry that model. I figured that must be a reason. If you did not get that info, this is what they told me. I was told the reason was that the Colorado had issues with water and corrosion at the plug in area, and they had so many returns on the unit that they ceased to carrry it. It was supposedly an issue especially for people using it around salt water. Researching it I have noticed there are articles about this and a replacement seal can be provided from Garmin to help with this issue.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."