vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for Danny?

Default Are you ready for Danny?

OK, so they named a tropical storm soon to be himicane Danny. My wife Di lived in Florida for 12 years and has been through a good many of these so here are our thoughts.

First of all, time to load up on beer now. If a big one hits you can't work, can't cache, the stores are down...you get the picture.

Di says start hording canned tuna. Very nutricious, doesn't need to be cold, goes great with beer. In Florida fights break out over Charlie in the can and peanut butter.

DVD's. Get a bunch. You'll make yourself crazy watching Jim Santori standing at the end of the Rockland Breakwater or Portland head Light with his zipper blown open! The guy is begging to be hit with a bait tote from a grounded lobster boat. Don't encourgage him. Get a good movie like "The Perfect Storm" or Debbie Does Danny!

Underwear and socks. Load up now. You heard the expression " Got my socks blown off", this is what and when that happens. Haines makes storm-proof and load-leveling underwear for those willing to pay the price for quality u-trows.

Water. Highly over-rated, necessary for coffee and nothing else. You know what fish do in water....just get a few bottles. Don't fill up your tub like "they" say. You going to drink water out of your tub you sick and crazed person?

Final thoughts. While I'm proud they named a himicane after me, I don't want it to do a lot of damage...but sheesh, a few knocked over trees and a couple of shingles blown off here and there, scattered power outages would make me proud they named this thing after me!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

OMG - LMAO! Dan are you bringing your keyboard to Eustis??? If this is an example - I can't wait!

Now - load up on something to drink - mine is Chillable Red, Di's is - I have heard - Merlot - well, you get it.

Tuna - I love tuna. Peanut Butter - yuck! I like a ton of canned stuff and grew up with a WW2 MOM - so just open my cabinets and you have dinner.

DVD's - ok as long as we have power we are all set. We have ton we have gotten as gifts which we never had time to watch. Now one of those movies I want to find to borrrow is that Island Men one - of whatever brought about the real life attack in Monhegan.

Now, I alway buy new undies before a trip so we are all set on the provision for this year.

Water for coffee - heck, how do you make it??? I boil mine - why do you use bottled water for coffee. Boil it and all the bugs are dead! I bathe with the tubbie water, wash dishes and if I have recently disinfected and cleaned the tub before filling - well - you get it......you boil it don't you LOL! Oh - now I get what you were saying.......no! Don't drink it!

So you don't want to change your name to HurricaneDan? Do remember they allow you to change your cacher ID once in your Geocaching Career!

Folks - do stay safe out there and if you loose your power, shingles or have problems with limbs - remember Dan was there. Maybe he can give you a hand! It may be more in the form of clapping to coach you along.

Actually this post was all in fun - Seriously - if anyone has a problem from the storm - reach out to your caching friends nearby - I am sure any of us would help in any way possible!!

When you're in the business of fixing stuff, you cheer these things on. The year of the ice storm was a great year!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Not for me, I was without power for almost 10 days where I was. It was cool though,we got to cook on our woodstove,drew water from the lake for everything including the toilet, used candles for everything at night and got really close as a family playing games by candlelight every night.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Ice Storm

I was 23 days and in the last 625 CMP customers to get power back. That's the deal when you're the only year round resident at the end of a 2 mile long private road! Tested my sense of humor in a big way! Now I have a 20k stand-alone genset and can sell power back to CMP!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I was 23 days and in the last 625 CMP customers to get power back. That's the deal when you're the only year round resident at the end of a 2 mile long private road! Tested my sense of humor in a big way! Now I have a 20k stand-alone genset and can sell power back to CMP!
    Sheesh! If I were 20 years younger, I would DEFINITELY invest in a home wind power unit. Since I live on a north-west facing hill, and almost always have a breeze (at a minimum), I believe we could easily achieve the claimed 10-year payback by selling excess power to CMP. (Actually, even sooner with the current Federal 30% tax credit for residential wind power systems from Obama's "stimulus package".)

If I win the Megabucks, I'll buy it anyway! LOL!

MORE HINTS FOR SURVIVAL.....

Vienna sausages and canned baked beans....music in cans!

I rub sticks together for heat!

Sterno....cook with it......heat it up and run it through a cheesecloth and you have a emergency martini!

Keep your mouth closed when facing a high wind.....If not, your ears might whistle!!

And most of all....Don't bend over with your butt facing a high wind!........This causes bad breath!!
    I have a gas grill and corn fed squirrels!

I have an emergency plan just in case............go to Dan's
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I have an emergency plan just in case............go to Dan's
    Oh, you mean dubord207s...........LOL That's a cool plan - I think can find coords which are pretty close LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! If I were 20 years younger, I would DEFINITELY invest in a home wind power unit. Since I live on a north-west facing hill, and almost always have a breeze (at a minimum), I believe we could easily achieve the claimed 10-year payback by selling excess power to CMP. (Actually, even sooner with the current Federal 30% tax credit for residential wind power systems from Obama's "stimulus package".)

If I win the Megabucks, I'll buy it anyway! LOL!
    Hey you got it ,spend it ,you can't take it with yah.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.