vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maps...HELP!!!!!!

You're opening the ZIP file from GC.com?

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    When I need a map of geocaches I just open my PQ in google map, then zoom out the web page (ctrl + mouse wheel) and zoom in on google map. This way I will get a high resolution picture of the map. Next I just print it to PDF file, do some changes if needed and print it on paper.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I've protected maps several ways over the years. Try a large Topo Map protector, clear and heavy duty. You can also try a more budget operation using the new Ziplocs: 24x32 & 24x20...you get several for around $5.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    I've protected maps several ways over the years. Try a large Topo Map protector, clear and heavy duty. You can also try a more budget operation using the new Ziplocs: 24x32 & 24x20...you get several for around $5.
    A great idea = those big zip locks! Great for a lot but I didn't think outside the box to use it for large maps. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    It was me who was asking about the sleeve that I thought the map at the TB table was in. I've been looking for a sleeve like one that Aefuss used to have. It had 9 (3 x 3) protective pockets that were joined together and you just slid your 8.5 x 11 pages into them and it would fold up.
    Something like this
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6629800.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    9 - 3X3 pockets almost sounds like a floppy disk or CD protector for a notebook?
    Sorry, I meant each of the 9 pockets (in a 3x3 layout) holds a regular 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and they can be folded up to the size of one 8.5 x 11. I think he said he got his at DeLorme but was disappointed that they didn't carry them anymore :-(

Cano, that sounds like it might do. I'll give it a try but I would really rather have a larger map and therefore a larger area covered.

It would be nice to have a workshop at a caching event sometime for those of us trying to work this out

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Hey, you're good! That is almost it! but without the coil spine thing. It just folded up on itself.

Sorry, I meant each of the 9 pockets (in a 3x3 layout) holds a regular 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and they can be folded up to the size of one 8.5 x 11. I think he said he got his at DeLorme but was disappointed that they didn't carry them anymore :-(
    Ah, I thought I was hearing something incorrectly!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Hey, you're good! That is almost it! but without the coil spine thing. It just folded up on itself.
    Yes he is!