vb:literal>

Thread: Anyone going to hide a cache?

Default Anyone going to hide a cache?

Hey there,

I know I have spoken with some of you so far - I am a student in Portland making a radio documentary about geocaching in Maine. Thank you so much for all of your help so far!

Right now, I am interested in following someone through the process of creating and publishing a new cache. I want to learn about how you decided what you wanted to put inside, where you decided to hide it, what hints you're giving, how you're hiding it, etc.

Contact me if this sounds like you! Hope to talk to you soon,

Amanda

Check back later in the day. They are all out there finding caches for the Great Rally being held at Delorme... You should have hooked up with some of those that were taking part in that today. Would have been a great time to get to know how everything worked.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-1e7ebc5670a1
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by amandalt View Post
    Hey there,

I know I have spoken with some of you so far - I am a student in Portland making a radio documentary about geocaching in Maine. Thank you so much for all of your help so far!

Right now, I am interested in following someone through the process of creating and publishing a new cache. I want to learn about how you decided what you wanted to put inside, where you decided to hide it, what hints you're giving, how you're hiding it, etc.

Amanda
    I just placed two before rain

Sometime in the next few weeks, my family and I will be hiding at least three on the Boothbay Region Land Trust trails.

I've just placed six. I've got two more ready to go (as soon as I get around to submitting them) and I have one left where I'm waiting for the right circumstances to place it (there's a vagrant practically camped on ground zero, so I can't place it there yet).
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by amandalt View Post
    Hey there,

Amanda
    Hi Amanda, We'll hopefully meet up this week sometime and we can talk more about this, but we will be hiding some in the next few weeks

Default New Ones!

Di and I just took a run down to Rockland to see the Royal Caribbean ship, Jewel of the Seas, which we've been on, so after torturing ourselves with the traffic and of course not being able to even see the thing due to dungeon fog, we headed to Camden to perform maintenance on my Schooners are Us cache.

And after a nice lunch at Cappy's in spite of all the cruise folks that were bussed up to Camden like a load of lost sheep, we did manage to put out SIX new ones here and there! They are all between Camden and downtown 3 Mile Pond! These are all fairly easy, no strenous hikes and if my Garmin 60csx holds true to form, they should be where they're supposed to be! Enjoy!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    Sometime in the next few weeks, my family and I will be hiding at least three on the Boothbay Region Land Trust trails.
    Make sure you get permission from them to place on their trails. I was instrumental in getting them to adopt the caches from the Pike Patrol when they were falling into neglect. They are a great bunch to work with. I can't remember the contact person but I'm sure you already know of them if you just go to their website. Good Luck!!!

http://bbrlt.org/bbrlt_geocaching.html
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.