vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangor Parks & Rec Trails - Survey

The worst part about this discussion is that the survey concerns Bangor only. This issue is certainly not limited to Bangor parks only. It's statewide, and not even in the parks. It's all over, and not just in the parks. I have to clean crap up of our lawn every so often from ignorant dog owners. Hopefully some other municipalities will see the results of this survey and see how the issue might affect their area.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I hear yah Dave. We have a couple of people who seem to think when they go out with their dogs every morning that our mailbox is the local poo stop for dogs. Disgusting and I have to mow that area all the time. YUCK!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I hear yah Dave. We have a couple of people who seem to think when they go out with their dogs every morning that our mailbox is the local poo stop for dogs. Disgusting and I have to mow that area all the time. YUCK!!!

Now,
    I find this curious, in a funny way actually.
    They keep doing it at your personal mailbox and you don't say anything to them ???

Haffy, You don't say anything to them??????????LOL!!!!

Haffy, TELL EM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!

Oh and a good Idea is to carry a squirt gun with you when walking. Squirt the dog in the face or mouth, NOT in the eyes or ears, and it'll slow them down. And if the owner gets mad, Squirt him too!!!!!
    Maybe a warm soda too.
    Shake that up and squirt the dog. He'll be so sticky, his owner may think twice about letting them hover around people.

If I owned this property I would but I don't, I live with my sister and her husband and they know of this but they don't want to confront them with it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Regarding other town's and the concern about dog waste.......this is not a problem unique to Bangor. It is universal and actually a World wide problem.

In our town poo is considered litter. We have a pretty tough littering ordinance. So, there is not a dog poo ordinance but it comes under our litter ordinance and this has a much stiffer fine than most towns/municipalities poo ordinances. In fact, a violation in our town is double what it would be for not scooping poo in Bangor.

Now, in Orrington - our other problem is not dog poo - but horse poo! I am not kidding. There are a ton of horses and riders in town. No one scoops their horse poo! No one! Hum, no one rides horses in Bangor City Forest???

Horses do behave better than dogs - that's for sure! They are under the rider's control. But the poo - now that is a big pile and a mess for tires and walkers.

I think Bangor is using this survey to see about making a dog park and perhaps also who uses and why do they use Bangor public land. Thanks to all who have responded to the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    If I owned this property I would but I don't, I live with my sister and her husband and they know of this but they don't want to confront them with it.
    There are dog/cat repellents available. I am not sure how effective they are but it might be a nice quiet way to try in your case where it's just around a mailbox post.

Now that I think of it, maybe if I ran it down both sides of the sidewalk it'd help me some as well!
    Last edited by brdad; 10-12-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Silencers are great.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Silencers are great.
    if only they made silencers for hand gernades, what a time it would be...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    if only they made silencers for hand gernades, what a time it would be...
    Oh I don't know . . . seems to me I've hung around you enough and I've seen more than one occasion when a room has been cleared by you without a single sound being made . . . perhaps this was the silenced hand grenade . . . or maybe it was just a little bit of chemical warfare?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Silencers on Grenades ????
    Now that just doesn't make sense.
    You gotta have the Boom, or the mushroom cloud won't make sense!