vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WhereRWe? & RULost2? Caching Trip

On some flights, I wish people would strap their bags in the seats and stuff their kids in the overhead bins!

Glad you are having a good trip. Been watching your cache finds.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Yup, got the notice that it was placed. Thanks, I appreciate it. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Don't get me started on people trying to save the $15 baggage check fee by trying to stuff their suitcase in the overhead bins! LOL!

BTW: I placed your geocoin in the "Pineapple Experience" cache today.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    On some flights, I wish people would strap their bags in the seats and stuff their kids in the overhead bins!

Glad you are having a good trip. Been watching your cache finds.
    The kids do not bother me it is some of the adults that need to go in the cargo hold

I've been having computer problems, so won't be saying too much.

For the last 3 days, we've been touring the island, eating fresh fruit (I've had 5 varieties of bananas so far! LOL!), and taking pictures. The Waikiki area is fairly dry and sunny, while the northern part of the island is damp and jungle-like - all in a distance of 15 miles. RULost2? just went down to the beach in her bathing suit for the first time (my body will not be uncovered in public), but I'm enjoying "Big Wave" golden ale.

RULost2? and son James are going to tour Pearl Harbor memorials tomorrow, and I'm going to try and do a full day of geocaching. We haven't seen any GRC/LPC caches yet. Even the micro caches are placed in interesting areas.

Yesterday, we visited the Ala Moana Shopping Center, which is supposed to be the biggest open air market in the world. I believe it! And I have a different recollection of the market from when I was here there 39 years ago, on R&R leave from Vietnam. I don't recall it being quite so "up scale", i.e., Chanel, Dior, Harry Winston, Tiffany's, Prada, etc. I saw an "Aloha shirt" in the window of Tommy Bahama that I liked. Went in and found that it was $124. Sheesh!

Default Great Trip!

Sounds like you're having a ball! So if you think the overhead bins are stuffed on the way "over", wait until you return East. Amazing how many bottles of Duty Free booze folks will drag through airports to save 3 bucks! The term "ugly Americans" is a common expression on commercial flights, but what the heck, it would have been a hard drive! Have fun you two!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Some Observations About Our 50th State

We, like most "mainlanders", had some misconceptions about our 50th state.
    Here are some observations to dispel those misconceptions.

1. There are very few "Hawaiians" in Hawaii. Most people are either Japanese, Chinese or tourists.

2. The stereotypical "Aloha shirt" is not a tourist thing. The locals all wear them (but I don't think they buy them at Tommy Bahama!)

3. There are no "homeless people" in Hawaii. Yes, you see many, many people/families camped on the public beaches, living in tents, cardboard boxes, blue-poly tarp shelters, etc. But this is their home. They are not homeless. And with the weather like it is here, I'm envious.

4. If you think the weather in Maine is contrary... A thirty-minute drive will take you from an area that hasn't seen rain in weeks, to an area that hasn't seen the sun in weeks. From arid "desert" to tropical jungle in 30 minutes. sheesh!

5. If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it. And this applies to everything. Remember: If you're here, you're on vacation, and cost doesn't matter.

Today's brew: "Big Wave Golden Ale". (Yeah, again. Can't help it - I like it...)

Are my eyes going, or did that lizard pee in that glass?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

LOL!

I've seen several lizards. One ran up my arm the other day when I removed a rock from a wall looking for a cache. I saw a mongoose today - I thought that was cool.

I'm not sure which Island you're on....If you're pawing around stonewalls and leaf litter....you may get a glimpse of the only known parthenogenic snake, known as the Brahminy Blind snake. Geckos are also parthenogenic, handy for Island proliferation.

Have you seen the State bird yet? The caution signs you see roadside are about the Nene Goose. They're endangered, along w/the gorgeous Monk Seal.

Most likely you won't be offered a plastic bag for your purchases there. Plastic bag trash has been very harmful on the wildlife!

I'm anxious to see what great pics you'll be sharing w/us. Have fun!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Enjoying your interesting posts!! Sounds like the trip is going well.