vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WhereRWe? & RULost2? Caching Trip

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

Supper tonight: Pineapple. Breakfast tomorrow: Pineapple and bananas.
    did you drink them out of beer?
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    did you drink them out of beer?
    Sheesh! No! I brought back the "leftover" beer with me in the suitcase. I couldn't bring back the pineapple and bananas! LOL!

Hawaii has very strict agricultural laws. When arriving in the state, you have to fill out a form declaring all agricultural products (and animals). When we left The "Big Island", our bags were x-rayed for agricultural products. And then again on Oahu when we transferred from the inter-island terminal to the main terminal. And the nin the lounge at the departure gate, an "agriculture cop" with a sniffer dog was going through the area - and I don't think they were looking for "recreational - type" agricultural products. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! No! I brought back the "leftover" beer with me in the suitcase. I couldn't bring back the pineapple and bananas! LOL!

Hawaii has very strict agricultural laws. When arriving in the state, you have to fill out a form declaring all agricultural products (and animals). When we left The "Big Island", our bags were x-rayed for agricultural products. And then again on Oahu when we transferred from the inter-island terminal to the main terminal. And the nin the lounge at the departure gate, an "agriculture cop" with a sniffer dog was going through the area - and I don't think they were looking for "recreational - type" agricultural products. LOL!
    LOL it's not Hawaii, it's US policy.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    LOL it's not Hawaii, it's US policy.
    He's right.......I know someone that walks past customs w/edibles and herbs from Japan
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    He's right.......I know someone that walks past customs w/edibles and herbs from Japan
    He is right because you know one person who walks past customs with herbs from Japan? LOL

This is the first link Google returned for searching about importing agricultural products

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/cl..._prod_inus.xml
    Moo

No.......you're right! It's a policy that stands for many coming into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    No.......you're right! It's a policy that stands for many coming into the country.
    I thought you are referring to WhereRWe. This reminds me. When I was on my vacation out of the US, I packed a sandwich to my checked baggage. When I got my baggage back I found somebody was going thru my stuff, half was broken and my sandwich was missing. Two weeks later, when I got back to the US, I had nothing to declare on customs. I got back home and found in one pocket in my baggage my missing sandwich. It was all green. Good I did not get arrested for bioterrorism
    Moo

roflmao........... a true story of Green eggs and ham......I love it

I think you'll find Hawaii has strict agricultural laws of it's own on top of those which apply to those entering or leaving the the US. After all, Hawaii is a US state. But because it is small and isolated, there is a greater fear of introduction of unwanted plants and critters than between the contiguous US states.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default So does California

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I think you'll find Hawaii has strict agricultural laws of it's own on top of those which apply to those entering or leaving the the US. After all, Hawaii is a US state. But because it is small and isolated, there is a greater fear of introduction of unwanted plants and critters than between the contiguous US states.
    California also has stricter controls to protect their agricultural industry. I'll never forget my surprise as I entered California by car from Arizona and came to a border patrol checkpoint several years ago.

We just returned from the West coast and again entered California by car from Oregon and Nevada. The checkpoints are still being maintained and staffed. Definitely a different experience.