vb:literal>

Thread: Acadia National Park Virtual Multi-Cache

Default Acadia National Park Virtual Multi-Cache

Hi,
    I am Bigrock95 from Arlington, MA. and a frequent visitor to Maine. For the past twenty years, I have spent time at Acadia NP during the summer. Last September was my first time Geocaching in the area. I created "A Maine Man's Point" (GCKH4G). I began a discussion with the NP Rangers to consider a pilot project of a multi-stage virtual cache. This multi-stage cache should provide an educational opportunity with enough difficulty to challenge and entertain the most-experienced cacher. Anyone interested in working on the development committee ? PLease email me or reply to the post and I will put you in contact with the rangers involved. Thanks.

Default EarthCache

Have looked into the newest type of cache, the EarthCache? These were specifically designed to be permitted in national parks. The requirements include: must be a virtual, (multi is ok) and it must teach something about earth science. For an example, check out my Tidal EarthCache in Old Orchard Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    check out my Tidal EarthCache in Old Orchard Beach.
    . I was looking at it on Monday night while looking at earthcaches and read all the logs. Next time I am up , I hope to get close to it...according to recent logs, the lowest tides have come and gone for this year. I was wondering if I should re-classify A Maine Man's Point as an earthcache. It is full of geological evidence with many black diabase dikes due to the magma flows. Let me know what you think.

Default The short answer is yes...

You should be able to change the cache type to EarthCache. I did with tidal cache. They are quite specific about the educational requirement, but that should be no problem anywhere on MDI. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post again.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    You should be able to change the cache type to EarthCache.
    Thanks, I submitted the cache to GSA this morning. I also telephoned and emailed their Education Department about the Acadia NP Proposal.
    Last edited by Bigrock95; 05-05-2005 at 01:24 PM.