vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun/mapachi serious injury

Default Shotgun/mapachi serious injury

Sorry to report that Gail, aka "shotgun" fell today on the rail trail in Dexter. Pat just called to say she has a fractured hip and will be operated on tomorrow morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with them both so that she has a speedy and complete recovery.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Sorry to report that Gail, aka "shotgun" fell today on the rail trail in Dexter. Pat just called to say she has a fractured hip and will be operated on tomorrow morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with them both so that she has a speedy and complete recovery.
    Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this news! Where is she, what hospital? Horrid news and this coming from the crashing queen. Certainly prayers and if there is anything we can do - either contact some of us - or post here! God Speed Gail - prayers are with you both!

Wow! That is bad news. If good wishes help in any way then she is on her way to a speedy and complete recovery.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Default update

Not sure if Pat and Gail need or will appreciate all the attention, but Gail is scheduled for a half hip replacement tomorrow afternoon. Pat seems good and Gail is comfortable in room 373 at Maine General in Augusta. I guess she just stepped on a small rock the wrong way, usually the type we say "ouch" and move along, but she lost her balance and landed right on her hip socket. Amazing, because last weekend we did the Rally in the rain and every wet root had the potential for a serious fall and none of us, including Gail had any issues.

No need to overdo the attention at this point. Gail is a quiet lady, but tough as nails. Pat will keep her laughing for sure! I'll post updates tomorrow.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

pat,gail our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are with you.

pat i will call you soon to see if there is anything i can do to help out.
    Last edited by hide_from_the_kids; 10-12-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added more
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Get well soon!

Dan, thanks for the news and the resulting update. Of course, Gail is in my thoughts as well as Pat. She will need him as she recovers. The last thing on Pat's mind is this forum.....please send along all of our comments.

Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Pat and Gail, I am so sorry that this has happened on your geocaching trip, and hope your pain Gail is under control and send our best wishes as you undergo your surgery . Please keep us updated Pat on how things are going when you can.

Warm thoughts your way. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Hope all goes well and you're back up quickly!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.