vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody is bearing down on 1000

Default 1,005 and now on to more caches...

Had a wonderful day yesterday. Didn't have any particular cache in mind for the 1,000th (or at least none that I was likely to get to) so decided to just make a fun day of it. I knew I wanted to finish the Route 2 Mystery Tour so went over the Height of Land which I love and started with the Rt 2 cache in Mexico, Maine. Then did the Rumford cache, the Bethel one and stopped at Gilead Boat Launch for # 1,000. That's a very pretty spot, river flowing by, foliage, an ammo can for a cache. Then on to get the last Rt 2 cache at the state line. Today I plan to get the final. Then we stopped and visited with a very good friend in Bethel and after that on to visit WoodsRoma in Conway. We had just enough time to grab 4 caches there. She kept saying "there's a cache right there too".. but we didn't have time. I can't wait to go back there. Talked to Brad on his cell phone. Then we took Route 16 north to Errol. Tried for a cache in Wilson's Mills but it was too dark. We saw one deer, many turkeys, one rabbit and 11 moose. Two of the moose we saw in the daylight and the other 9 were after dark. Two moose ran right in front of us and we almost, but not quite, hit them. Scary! That route should be driven in the daylight. So it was a fun day. Snow on the mountains, foliage, decent if cold weather, visits with two very good friends, lots of moose. Life (and caching) is good! And thank you for all the kind words! See you on the trail... or at the event next year..
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

congrats on 1k

Way to go , I can remember when you thought 1000 was so far off. I'm sure the memories out number and will out last the caches. Now on to 2000.

Congratulations, Jean. I've certainly enjoyed your caches, the events and conversation. I asked you when you reached 500 which one was your favorite cache. Any changes?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Hi Jean.... I'd like to add my own congrats on reach find #1,000. I can imagine the smile on your face and the warm satisfaction that you felt when you realized this was find #1,000. It's quite a milestone!

And I appreciate the description you have left (entry #11 in this thread) of your day out with Stan. Days like that out caching are truly memorable....#1,000, the foliage, the moose, the Height of Land, and just getting outside and seeing all you saw makes it day you will never forget. That was one quality day......! Nicely done.......

Talking Congrats!!!

Congrats on the 1K finds, it is one of the major goals in geocaching, and good luck on the next 1000, and all caches you ever do!

Time not spent caching, is time wasted.

Congratulations on your first 1000!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default I Knew You'd Ask...

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Congratulations, Jean. I've certainly enjoyed your caches, the events and conversation. I asked you when you reached 500 which one was your favorite cache. Any changes?
    Well... I'm getting rather fond of earthcaches. The geology ones are a bit difficult for me still (especially the one in a gravel pit where a dump truck tried to back over me) but the tidal and beach ones are great! Try the two Herring Cove Beach ones on Campobello, or Blue Hills Tidal Falls, or Tidal Falls Sullivan by Parmachenee...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows