vb:literal>

Thread: Bangor City Forest

Default Bangor City Forest

Chat was a bit funny last night - about 12 people came in but most of them one at a time. But the subject of the BCF came up by three people.

So, for those of you looking for a map showing the relationship of the trails and caches in the BCF, here you go. I wish the map detail was better, but it gives a good idea where the trails and caches are.

Last edited by brdad; 10-15-2009 at 07:00 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Chat was a bit funny last night - about 12 people came in but most of them one at a time. But the subject of the BCF came up by three people.

So, for those of you looking for a map showing the relationship of the trails and caches in the BCF, here you go. I wish the map detail was better, but it gives a good idea where the trails and caches are.

Thanks for posting the map. Also, they are doing the survey til the end of the month I think.

OK! Mark your calendars and forever save this moment. Because I, Hiram357 will post useful knowledge in a thread!!!

If you follow this link

http://cityforest.bangorinfo.com/gps-users.htm

you will come to the GPS page for the city forest.

From there you can download waypoints and trails and maps.

I have downloaded all the trails and waypoints to my Delorme 2009 program, and with my eartmate lt-40 plugged in, I was able to know where each cache was in the BCF by overlaying the caches overtop of the downloaded map info.

Now you too can cache in the city forest without walking down 30 different trails to find one cache!

(although I did about 10 caches in the BCF and still walked about 9.5 miles in one day, there's a lot of caches in there!)

Hope this helps!

P.S. If you haven't done any of the BCF caches yet, you don't know what your missing! I can/have spendt all day wandering around in there looking for caches!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wow, a useful post and not one mention of alternative beverages!

Ok, Who Hijacked Hiram's account?

Been a long time since I have been to that site, neat to see they provide all this now!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Wow, a useful post and not one mention of alternative beverages!

Ok, Who Hijacked Hiram's account?

Been a long time since I have been to that site, neat to see they provide all this now!
    Yes it is, I was quite suprised when I stumbled upon their page and found all that information. It made caching in the BCF really easy, especially when I came to the caches that could have been on one of 4 nearby trails. It was nice to look at the map and know which one they were on.

P.S. I like beer.

There we go.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    OK! Mark your calendars and forever save this moment. Because I, Hiram357 will post useful knowledge in a thread!!!

If you follow this link

http://cityforest.bangorinfo.com/gps-users.htm

you will come to the GPS page for the city forest.

From there you can download waypoints and trails and maps.

I have downloaded all the trails and waypoints to my Delorme 2009 program, and with my eartmate lt-40 plugged in, I was able to know where each cache was in the BCF by overlaying the caches overtop of the downloaded map info.

Now you too can cache in the city forest without walking down 30 different trails to find one cache!

(although I did about 10 caches in the BCF and still walked about 9.5 miles in one day, there's a lot of caches in there!)

Hope this helps!

P.S. If you haven't done any of the BCF caches yet, you don't know what your missing! I can/have spendt all day wandering around in there looking for caches!
    Hiram are you feeling ok?

Who are you? And.....what have you done with Aaron?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    OK! Mark your calendars and forever save this moment. Because I, Hiram357 will post useful knowledge in a thread!!! Hope this helps!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

who is this aaron and hiram you speak of? I know no such people... but if you give me your social security # bank account # credit card # and any other personal information maybe we can find him!

ps i cell pi9lls cheep, contackt my nigeran prince for mor infermatun!

i know i know, some of you were saying to youselves, "wow, look at that, a useful post from Hiram! how long will this last!" sorry, it's not leapyear yet, don't get used to it...

btw, if you havent yet, dont forget to fill out your survey about the BCF and other local trails before time runs out! I know I gave them quite the earful about some stuff...

p.s. I like beer.