vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: Need guidance . . . for cachers with kids

Default Oh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    My 14 year old son has both but he prefers a good book
    Keep an eye on that one.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

He has never really been into the game things. Once in a while we play Wii together but I have always pushed books and sports. Better for your mind and body!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

We have a Wii and Joey plays it every night there isn't a hockey game on.

While I'd never consider the Wii for anything serious......competition wise.... the Yoga aspect as a bio-feedback device......is top notch!!! My kids wondered how I did so well so quickly....then I reminded them as to some of my activities and how many years I've been doing them.

So...there are aspects that are Very healthy! Some of the internal Martial Arts are the Only "sports" I'd ever promote to a child as a healthy long term lifestyle choice. They are the only "sport" that's done daily....for a lifetime......w/little concern for repetitive injury.

Also, my optometrist stated that my son's eyes are 20/15 because he plays first person games. The Dr. also stated that he was getting a console for his kid to help w/his eyesight.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

I wish there were more like that in my school. We gave them laptops this year. Seeing a teen with a good book is almost as likely as seeing some of my missing geocoins.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Thanks for the feedback folks . . . I think I'm going to go with the Wii based on the opinions here, Facebook and on another forum . . . it seems to have the slight edge.

Another plus . . . in this day and age . . . giving away a game system that can sort of, kind of promote a little bit of physical activity probably isn't such a bad thing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I have children and grandchildren who have both systems and they like them both. However, the Nintendo Wii better for multi-children families...less arguing...lol. So it is my thought to go with the Wii.

Hooray for your son! Good choice!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default The Stacey Heir Apparent

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Hooray for your son! Good choice!

Jim and Kelley have a very nice son. He's articulate, loves caching, not ready for adoption like some 14 year olds and doesn't mind slogging through 3 feet of snow for 2 miles to log a new cache. But.... he did want to take my dog Nick to school for show and tell when he saw Nick knocking over his dad's beer and lapping up the mess. I vetoed that, but he's a great kid for sure!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.