vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Need guidance . . . for cachers with kids

Default RE: Need guidance . . . for cachers with kids

I'm planning out the BFD Open House on Oct. 31st and I have secured a grant to buy a video game system as a free door prize.

My issue . . . what would kids 5-15 years old prefer to win . . .

A Nintendo Wii or a Nintendo DS Lite?

If you have kids, could you ask them which is more appealing?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

No kiddos at this house, but I will be seeing my 6th grade mentee this afternoon so I will poll her for ya.

The Wii is great for groups of kids (and adults) - the DS is more for one person...both are a lot of fun, but if you have the money I recommend the Wii.

My kids have both....and interactive parents. They've gotten much more from the investment in the DS Lites, both at home and on the road. They also link w/each other or friends to play, either online or in person. It cracks me up to watch them link w/their Mother to play games when the could be using the larger TV screen and a console.

The Wii is good too. Downfall to the Wii is that kids don't always want to play together, and there's often only one TV for watching and gaming. Having said that.....the Wii is very addictive and they even get me to relax and play it on occassion, whereas I don't touch the xbox or PS anymore.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

my wife wanted the wii. but i never got it for her. my youngest daughter saved her own money to buy the new ds and she loves it. it took her all of seven months to save but she did it. we would go in stores and she wouldn't spend her money and when we asked she would respond she is saving it for a ds.now the good part that i like about the ds is that it is portable and comes in handy when she is bored. so in between caches she will play her game and be happy until we get to the next cache.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

DS has my vote.

13 year old girl (who already has a wii--and likes it) reports that "the DS would be cool because you could take it in the car".

I'm a dad, and work in a high school, we have both. (I got the wii for the wiifit program. I don't use it) I would recommend the DS. It seems to be really, really popular and would be a draw for the kids.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I just polled my 2 daughters aged 5 and 8 and they both stated the WII handsdown. They each have a DS and there is a WII in the livingroom. The DS is my choice as it is portable for the vehicle plus they can wirelessly connect to each other and play games.

Either way the lucky winner will be stupendously pleased with either awesome gift. You simply can't lose with either choice.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

My 14 year old son has both but he prefers a good book
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright