vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Win A Geocoin for YOUR Collection – Help Out Katadin Goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Just be sure it adheres the the sites TOU beforehand. It's different using this site where are all close and familylike but opening it up to the national forums might be a little different. Just a thought. I have no problem with it either.
    Have already sent the information to the mods to ensure it meets the guidelines for the site (as I did here to get permission). IMHO if folks can post about needing Christmas presents for their kids and money to fix their car - with links to auctions sites and the like - there shouldn't be anything wrong with this. Guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Have already sent the information to the mods to ensure it meets the guidelines for the site (as I did here to get permission). IMHO if folks can post about needing Christmas presents for their kids and money to fix their car - with links to auctions sites and the like - there shouldn't be anything wrong with this. Guess time will tell.
    I agree wholeheartedly, hope it is able to go through. Good Luck!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have no problem with it either, good fundraising cause.

I am still waiting for a ruling from Groundspeak on posting this to their Geocoin Forums.

Go ahead and post it,the worse they can do is delete it right?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Going to email Eartha again today.

The answer is in - this is considered a "raffle" and GC.com will not allowed a posting for a "raffle" on their forums. I would be allowed to post a link to auctions of coins for sale on Ebay.

The options to be in on the drawing for the coins, which have been donated as an incentive to give to Elaine's fund, still holds for any members of this website. I thank the board here for allowing the posting.

The best we can do is invite folks to join our site, donate to Elaine's fund raising link and as a member here - they will be entered. Over the weekend I will go back and recap this all and post a summary here so folks don't have to go back to the very beginning.

Thank you to everyone for their donations and support.

As good a cause as it is, I am not sure it's a good idea to encourage people to join this site if their only goal is to be entered in the drawing, especially with all new members needing validation now. Sure, some will post or otherwise contribute, but most will not (New active members are great even if they are just readers).

I wonder if there is another way they could be notified of the drawing and entered without having to join the site unless they want to for more reasons. Anyone have any ideas?

Of course, maybe this is spurred from looking at the member list and seeing how many never revisit the site after they join...
    Last edited by brdad; 01-15-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    As good a cause as it is, I am not sure it's a good idea to encourage people to join this site if their only goal is to be entered in the drawing, especially with all new members needing validation now. Sure, some will post or otherwise contribute, but most will not (New active members are great even if they are just readers).

I wonder if there is another way they could be notified of the drawing and entered without having to join the site unless they want to for more reasons. Anyone have any ideas?

Of course, maybe this is spurred from looking at the member list and seeing how many never revisit the site after they join...
    BRDad - rest assured, I will not post anywhere "to encourage people to join this site". And - I surely did not know "new members needing validation now" but may I say - about time!

I extended the drawing long beyond my orignal post - which was a short term promotion. This was done at the encouragement of a GCM member.

With some of the links, connections, prize solicitation and other devises on the GM.com web site, I was a bit surprised the request was denied. It is, what it is and I accept their decision. Their website - their forums - their rules - just glad I asked first.

So - over the next week or so - I will be consulting with some Non-GCM members who made donations. I am going to be thinking about if there is merit to continue this - or perhaps it would be best to just end it all. There has not been a donation made to my knowledge by a member here in the last 2 weeks.

On the plus side, a lot of geocoins were donated.......(and if I end it - it appears many donors will receive at least one or perhaps more). On the down side - the goal of the fund raising has not reached 50%.

Hard economic times and disasters, such as Haiti, which are also - so worthy, do not help this effort. I am thinking it is perhaps reasonable to just end this on an earlier date and put it to bed.

Will be in touch with the donors and Elaine before making a final decision. Thank you for your thoughts and input.
    Last edited by hollora; 01-16-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Spelling and puncution

You've done a good thing, meeting your goal or not! and I'll agree with the gc.com issue, sometimes it's hard to determine what is allowable and what is not. That's one of the benefits about having a local website like we do.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-16-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."