vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Win A Geocoin for YOUR Collection – Help Out Katadin Goddess!

I just gave a bit more.... Bit by bit we'll get there. Don't forget, you can donate more than once!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I just gave a bit more.... Bit by bit we'll get there. Don't forget, you can donate more than once!
    Thank you KL!

Pushing out the date of closing this Geocoin Draw! - A number of people have suggested I continue this and draw all the geocoins off when the giving date ends on the web site. That date is April 12th, 2010! I am listening - with the goal that this can only help Katadin Goddess in reaching her goal to purchase the headstone.
    Right now the fund is at 20% of goal.

This should give everyone plenty of time to budget and do a donation. The drawing for the coins to be given away will be done on 4/13/2010. Kayakingloon suggested someone could give more than once (she did) and indeed you will get additional entries in the drawing when an additional donation is made.

Some of the coins in the draw have been photographed and I know more are coming in. Will try to post them as they are added. I will readjust the numbers drawn and at what level as we move along. My first post of the numbers of coins is the minimum.

If anyone has any question - feel free to contact me. Also, if you do not wish to be in the drawing, I will respect your request and thank you for your support of KatadinGoddess.

Just a reminder - the drawing for the Geocoins has been extended and will be done on 4/13/2010, rather than Thanksgiving night which was the first date announced. I have just received a box of coins from a West Coast Geocacher. Will add photos soon of these additional coins to be given away.

Thank you to everyone who has already donated to KatadinGoddess. After a loss, such as hers ~ or for anyone, the holidays are always the hardest. Please remember this for all your friends and family ~ give them an extra hug tomorrow.
    Last edited by hollora; 11-25-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Poor sentence structure

Happy Thanksgiving all! This promotion has been enbraced by a cacher from the other side of our country. He is a prolific designer of Geocoins, as well as a person who believes in this project. Avroair, whose latest creation, a "coin" in the shape of an arrow quiver with arrows, will debut tonight on the Hogwildstuff website. He has sent an envelope of 8 coins for the give away. 5 trackables and 3 non-trackables.

They are - Trackables - Forest Cache Frog (from AEToys which is now out of business - coin has activation code), Birds of a Feather, Caching Coins - The Nickells, Klingon Clocking Geocoin and a 4 Muskateers Micro. Non-trackables - Dark Knight, Geocoin Fairy and The Wishing Coin

Here is a photo if you would like to see them! All trackables are unactivated.

If anyone has any questions, please PM or EM me. Thank you.

I like the double buffalo coin, very cool. Any of these would be quite a nice prize.

The holidays are over and we move forward. This fund raiser continues until April and the stash of coins is waiting to be given out. Every donation of $5 receives an entry into the draw.

We have many coins which have been donated and some by cachers who are not even from or have ever been in Maine. They just believe in helping out the greater caching community. My next bump on this thread will be a new list of the coins in the draw. If before donating, you would like a list of the coins - please PM me.

A quick recap. KG's son, Ryan passed away last year and she is hoping to raise funds to purchase a headstone for his grave. She is still owning for his final expenses so the head stone is something special - a memorial and something tangible for his children and his Mom.

She found this website online to raise the funds. Click here for the link. It was hoped this geocoin draw would add a little extra incentive to encourage folks to donate. Everyone to their own ability within their budget.

Right now the fund is at 20% of the goal. Now we have recovered from the holidays, I am hoping we might do a bit better. As kayakingloon said earlier in this thread, you can give more than once.

Thank you to everyone who has already contributed and to the donors of coins for the draw.

Am considering expanding our potential donors and opening this up to the National Forums (if allowed by the Mods). Does anyone who has donated here strongly object? If you do - please send me an email or a PM before Monday.

The purpose is to raise the money for KG to get the stone for Ryan. If we don't get moving along, goal will not be reached. I believe by opening this up to more cachers we may help her reach her goal.

Thank you to all who have helped in any way.

Sounds OK to me.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Just be sure it adheres the the sites TOU beforehand. It's different using this site where are all close and familylike but opening it up to the national forums might be a little different. Just a thought. I have no problem with it either.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.