vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cache Container Damage

I think one issue with container damage has to do with the items that are placed in them. I took chewing gum out of one this week. Anything that smells like food, or is food, or candy, or smelly candles, is smelling like a great meal for some critter. It sure is easier for them than finding a way into your camper to get it. Tupperware to go they say. Try to lug it back to the nest. They probably take out the coins first because they are too heavy to lug. :-)
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Sorry- I am sure the food issue is another one of those talk till you are blue in the face issues...but maybe some of our newer cachers haven't heard it yet Cache on!!

I'm constantly pulling candy and stuff like that out of caches.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Yes Ekidokai, It probably seems like a good idea to someone at the time, but for maintenance issues is a really bad idea.

If it was fresh candy or a sandwich that would be OK, but most of the time it is hard to eat.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I started using moth balls after my summer car smelled like dead mice after I got it out of storage. (There were mouse nests on top of the engine too, good for fires.)
    HehHeh . . . I had one of those buggers build a mouse house in my wood splitter's engine . . . right in the pull starter . . . didn't realize it was there since when I first started up the engine it apparently kept things swirling around . . . it wasn't until I stopped the engine that the dry grass started settling down on the hot engine and smoke began drifting up. No fire fortunately . . . but then I almost made a very stupid mistake when I refired the engine and then the now-burning grass began shooting out of the pull starter area . . . sparks and embers were flying everywhere . . . again no fires fortunately.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Mice built a nest in my tractor motor's cooling system. Only discovered it when the engine wouldn't run anymore, they'd chewed through a wire. I pulled the motor and did a tear down for a Thorough cleaning. They had fiberglass insulation and grass jammed in places that air just couldn't dislodge. Got it all put back together and started her up. Two weeks later I discovered Another nest in there!! Sheesh....... time to put out traps yet again. I don't like to do that because it can attract them too. Can't blame them.........I'm drawn to the smell of p'nut butter too.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Mice built a nest in my tractor motor's cooling system. Only discovered it when the engine wouldn't run anymore, they'd chewed through a wire. I pulled the motor and did a tear down for a Thorough cleaning. They had fiberglass insulation and grass jammed in places that air just couldn't dislodge. Got it all put back together and started her up. Two weeks later I discovered Another nest in there!! Sheesh....... time to put out traps yet again. I don't like to do that because it can attract them too. Can't blame them.........I'm drawn to the smell of p'nut butter too.
    I'm drawn to the smell of a hamburg and tomato pizza at UHOP . . . but I haven't built a nest there . . . yet.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Had to laugh........found a cache today.....must be a bad year for mice.....found a mouse trap used for swag!!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

I live trap mice then bring them to either Eustis or Richmond. I think I'm going to start painting them different colors though because it seems I keep catching the same ones.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)