vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart Phones and Geocaching

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    I sat in Portland w/a friend lastnight. He was curious about some GPS stuff on his iPhone. He thought it was fairly accurate......so we put it alongside an expensive Garmin. Next time I'll take him from an open parking lot out into the woods and try to actually find something
    You were sitting in a parking lot to see how accurate you were. Good lord. Gather up your bits and pieces and go out into the woods find stuff.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I did not intendto start a war was just looking for more info on personal experience as I am up for renewal on my contract and was thinking that I might change phones / providers or not. I am considering the idea of having a 2nd gps would be cool and also be alot easier to do FTF runs. But then that was only a thought. But then I am also considering having my old 60 CSX refirbished so that my grandson has a GPS to use.

Default Android

Like Cano said, the Android phones are still new but supposed to be the "the iphone killer". Personally, I think more people want it just because of the name and not necessarily functionality. Verizon launches its Droid next month but everything is super hush so far at work as to cost and detailed capabilities. You can see it if you do a Google image search for Motorola Android. I'm guessing around $300ish on a 2 year contract and probably close to $700 without any contract. Because its open source, you should be able to use just about any caching software or even create your own.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Having been a happy HTC windows mobile user.....I think I'll be leaning towards the other Droid 2.0 options that Verizon Wireless is hopefully going to be offering. They aren't known for their smartphone selection. Their smart phones are generally introduced for $200 w/a 2yr. contract. Time will tell. They'll also have to beat the friends/family contract I'm in now to get me to switch.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Wow....didn't even rely on my connection for making this prediction......just verified today.... the new Motorola Droid will be available Nov. 6 through Verizon Wireless.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!