vb:literal>

Thread: Garmin Nuvi Question

Default Garmin Nuvi Question

I just got my grubby little paws (OK, not so little) on a Nuvi 255W. It took me a while, but I've downloaded a bunch of caches onto it, and while driving around, I've had it go "BING" a few times (my wife doesn't mind me geocaching, but said that driving with me now is going to be a lot more interesting). I've already used it to get to a cache that was newly published and I got a FTF out of it (the Nuvi lead me to the parking lot, and I pulled out ol' yellow to get me the rest of the way there).

Anyways, my question is this: I've got some time off over the next few days and I want to go looking for a bunch of caches. Is there a way I can tell the Nuvi, "I want to go to points A, B, C, D, and E, map out my route" or do I just bring up the cache one at a time, say, "Guide me here" and when I find that one, say "Guide me to the next one?"
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

If you use mapsource.....you can create the route and upload it to your Nuvi!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

There are a couple of ways to do it. I love mine and can't live without it now.

The first way I do it is to look at the maps on GC.com and find the ones I want to do and load those into the handheld and this way I know what one comes next after the one I have just done. You'll find out that the Nuvi search by spelling is kind of fussy. You'll want to have a good record of the name of the cache.

You can us GSAK and load just the ones you want to do that day and and pick them off one by one.

Another way I like to go is when you start it up and push the Custom POI's just leave that screen on and the closest cache names will be displayed and change as you travel along. It will also tell you how far you are away from them and what direction they are in.

I was going to go to the event in NH tomorrow, well technically today, but no one wants to go with me so if you want a Nuvi, GSAK, handheld 101 I could meet you and we could go out. I have not done hardly any down that way.

OK I know that's more than a couple.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Oh Mike......I want to go w/you....and can't. My teacher of 11yrs. is having a class and w/the demo. coming up....well I should be there. Sooooo many things I want to do....so little energy and time to do them.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    If you use mapsource.....you can create the route and upload it to your Nuvi!
    How is that done? That sounds interesting. I use Pilot Snipes macro to download caches but didn't know of a way to download a route.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default On any Garmin that does routes

I have sent them to my 60csx too. Click on the button on top to send to GPS the only check routes. Double click menu on the GPS and select routes. Since I have my TomTom I have no real need to do it on the handheld now.
    Happy Trails!