vb:literal>

Thread: RE: Have an idea for the beach?

Hybrid View

Default RE: Have an idea for the beach?

http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.co...l/7019612.html

Currently this place hosts one of my caches . . . a real jem in the rough location. Right now it's in rough shape . . . but it definitely has potential.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Wow......now I know why I never got my phone call Campground requests returned

Could someone turn it into a Modern and updated campground? I know the one in Eustis accomodates public access to the lake.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

That would be awesome to see someone take that over and keep it open to the public. I thought it was nice when they put in the designated parking area... only to be a dump for the local college kids shortly after. (and you know it was them when they're names and dorm #s are still on the TVs and microwaves and other garbage smashed up down there...)

But if you can look past all that stuff it's really a great spot and has lots of potential, especially with the old marina access.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Wow......now I know why I never got my phone call Campground requests returned

Could someone turn it into a Modern and updated campground? I know the one in Eustis accomodates public access to the lake.
    It could be a perfect place for a small campground . . . I don't know if it would be a real money-making endeavor since Unity isn't exactly a tourism hot spot . . . and the last few years when the campground was there it was really a dive spot . . . basically a place for folks to go when they were one step away from being homeless . . . lots of 1960s-1970s vintage mobile homes.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    It could be a perfect place for a small campground . . . I don't know if it would be a real money-making endeavor since Unity isn't exactly a tourism hot spot . . . and the last few years when the campground was there it was really a dive spot . . . basically a place for folks to go when they were one step away from being homeless . . . lots of 1960s-1970s vintage mobile homes.
    Now, Jake - be careful.....my camper is a 1989........vintage.......

That place did looked more like a mobil home park than a campground. That's what you get with seasonals and few rules. That place could be really nice - it would take some hard work but the location is awesome!