vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great place to lose a blackberry!

Hmmmm- Just how does that hairdryer work in the woods drying out log pages? Is it battery operated?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Oh, and if anyone finds a red Blackberry curve in a nice leather case..... Feel free to throw the $*&%^ thing as far as you can. The phone slipped off and I didn't notice until the end of the day. So we re-hiked the whole trail with no findings. My poor kid was a little tired at the end. So today I ordered the replacement for $50.00. Shows what happens when I stare at my GPS and forget everything else......
    Maybe you should have rewalked it with another phone calling your phone every once and a while.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Hmmmm- Just how does that hairdryer work in the woods drying out log pages? Is it battery operated?
    I was wondering the same thing....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

lol......it does if you're borrowing battery power from Dubord's night caching setup. It plugs into the cig. lighter accessory port....12vdc. Until this year I'd not encountered many wet micro/nanos in the woods. Used it mostly for those quick GRC runs of Winter/Spring. It's also helpful in defrosting the diesel truck's windshield too.....takes that thing a bit to get up to temp. in Winter.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Default I thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Maybe you should have rewalked it with another phone calling your phone every once and a while.
    On a typical geo-day I would have had my wife with me and we could have called. She stayed home to correct homework and I was on the trail without access to a different phone. It was starting to get dark by the time I figured it out so driving 30 miles home, grabbing a phone and driving 30 miles back wasn't an option. sigh.

What has me worried more is how addicted to the "Crackberry" I've become in the last few months. I felt naked without it and walked around for a while wondering why I wasn't getting a ping when new caches are published. Should that be a source of concern?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I've never lost anything electronic out in the woods. I'm pretty sure I've lost my marbles once or twice, though.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Default Drying things

The water treatment plant in East Vassalboro has device that is airtight and sucks moisture out of anything in it. It's some type of dehydration device that works when the worked drop radios, phones and other things in the water. All labs and certainly any place that treats water will have one. I dropped on older cell phone in China Lake and brought it to them in less then 24 hours it was working again!

Maybe the geocaching community needs to invest in one of these.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Or maybe the caching community needs business cards made up with the treatment plant phone number on it, that we can drop into caches, and pass out at caching events. Sounds like we could boost their business a bit. I put my phone through the washing machine once. It did not like it much.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

A dunk in the Penobscot for a phone and a pager = take out the batteries and let it dry. Reinsert the batteries and we were good to go. Lucky I think!

I washed my bluetooth ear piece in washing machine, it works fine
    Moo