vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great place to lose a blackberry!

Default Drying

If your are unfortunate enough to have a phone get saturated, immediately take out the battery and any memory cards and place it in a tupperware container with with rice. If you leave it sealed for 48 hours or so, it will draw all the moisture out of the device and may save it from being ruined.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    If your are unfortunate enough to have a phone get saturated, immediately take out the battery and any memory cards and place it in a tupperware container with with rice. If you leave it sealed for 48 hours or so, it will draw all the moisture out of the device and may save it from being ruined.
    Great tip - thank you!

We didn't have rice on the sail boat (although that is a good staple to put on board) but we took out the battery, left the covers off and let it dry - I think we left them in front of an open window of the cabin for the breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    On a typical geo-day I would have had my wife with me and we could have called. She stayed home to correct homework and I was on the trail without access to a different phone. It was starting to get dark by the time I figured it out so driving 30 miles home, grabbing a phone and driving 30 miles back wasn't an option. sigh.

What has me worried more is how addicted to the "Crackberry" I've become in the last few months. I felt naked without it and walked around for a while wondering why I wasn't getting a ping when new caches are published. Should that be a source of concern?
    You may want to contact RIM and make sure they turn your blackberry into a brink so that no one can ever use it again. That is one of the good thinks about blackberry. They can send a signal to you blackberry to disable it permanently.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Lacy dunked her phone last weekend when she tip her kayak over in the Piscataquis River...she put it in a ziploc bag with rice and it now works find.

If you can't get silica rice is great. Just keep it in there a while. Also keep an idea on the battery compartment.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

OK, so I washed my dog the other night then rolled her in rice but it didn't dry her out any too fast. Instead, she looked like a pre-history sushi roll shedding oversized lice all over the place. That and it took several boxes of minute rice to cover her all over. Thanks for the rotten advice!

This morning I noticed the neighbors yard is covered with poops with white confetti.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

The problem, you see, is that you didn't follow the directions correctly. It goes IN THE BAG WITH THE RICE, not rolling.

BTW, some places I've been, that is an entree......

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    OK, so I washed my dog the other night then rolled her in rice but it didn't dry her out any too fast. Instead, she looked like a pre-history sushi roll shedding oversized lice all over the place. That and it took several boxes of minute rice to cover her all over. Thanks for the rotten advice!

This morning I noticed the neighbors yard is covered with poops with white confetti.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

come on TRF! You need to put the dog IN THE BAG!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I love doggie bags filled w/Rice
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Don't forget the straws for the dogs nostrils so they can breathe while being encapsulated............ooohhh eee!

As for the entree comment - Amen..........yeah, some of that food in other countries makes you wonder.............