vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Queries for the State

PQs all depend on if you capture all caches or just your unfound. I capture all as when I cache with my daughter and sometimes my son - there are many I have done which they have not done. That being the case my last PQ started in September and is still not at 300.

I just keep tickling my file and make it work for me. Depending on your caching style, what you are looking for - there is no one answer to PQs.

Just general knowledge and then you fine tune from there. So of like cooking - tweek it and add the spices you like.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but it appears today needs to be the cut for the the 10th pq that used to be from 8/13-12/31 and a new one needs to be set for 10/29 to 12/31?
    My tenth PQ currently has 491 caches. As has been stated, there will be differences depending on how much buffer you left on your other PQs. if yours is today, then it's most likely because a few caches got archived in the other PQs and you could squeeze a few more days into one of them.

That's why I created an 11th PQ, Set from the day I made it (last Sunday maybe) until 2010. That way, when #10 boils over, #11 will pick up the overage. There will be a few dupes, but it insures you don't miss any.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-29-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I am wondering how many caches this oregon will hold in memory. Has anyone put the whole state on one? If it needs to go on the memory card, I have no idea what to do about getting them on there. Just getting through the tutorials and they are great on how to break thenumbers down. Thanks.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

If I load nine and ten, does it appear that all the stud mill area caches should be on there? I am still trying to figure out the best way to get them . I thought most were posted on June 11th, but may be wrong.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default Whole State

You should easily be able to put the whole state on to a card as long as you are doing them as POI rather than waypoints. On my 60csx i only load my finds as POI and my unfounds as waypoints so that I can use the Geocaching mode when doing larger runs.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Default Holy crap

OK I have been playing with this for a while. Lets see if this works.

These are just My caches along the Stud Mill Rd. I think that's what you have been asking for.

The only one I see that is not part of that series is Pocomoonshine Package, but it is a 2001 cache and is very worth doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 10-31-2009 at 05:58 AM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Hummmm

Here is another one with all the caches. You can also find it by looking in the public search on the "along a route caching" section and looking for my name or Stud Mill Rd.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Hey Mike, sharing of PQs is against gc.com's terms of use. You are risking your account by posting them in an open forum.

There is no problem creating the route and posting a link to that, however - then anyone can create their own PQ from that route.

Ekidokai's Stud Mill Rd. route.

Another method is to create a polygon filter for GSAk. I made a 5 minute one here. Just select this file in GSAK's Arc/Poly filter. Do not load it as you would a PQ as it is not a PQ file!

Better instructions:
    Save the file to your computer
    Load GSAK with all your caches.
    From the menu, select Search - Filter
    Click on the Arc/Poly tab
    Click on the Polygon radio button
    Click on the Select File button
    load the gpx file you downloaded
    Click Go
    GSAK will now only show caches within that polygon. If you want just Ekidokai's caches you can filter that in addition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMR_Polygon (Large).JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	418  
    Last edited by brdad; 10-31-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    I am wondering how many caches this oregon will hold in memory. Has anyone put the whole state on one? If it needs to go on the memory card, I have no idea what to do about getting them on there. Just getting through the tutorials and they are great on how to break thenumbers down. Thanks.
    Looking at the web site, it appears the lower Oregon models can hold 1000 waypoints while the 550 series can hold 2000. On the other hand, if you are putting POIs on a memory card, with the Nuvi I have calculated my 2 GB card can hold at least a quarter of a million Geocaches as POIs.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-31-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Dates for State

After reworking the dates to "clean out" the archived caches, this is what I now have set up...

1. 1/1/00 to 8/12/05 499 caches
    2. 8/13/05 to 8/12/06 496 caches
    3. 8/13/06 to 5/8/07 496 caches
    4. 5/9/07 to 11/17/07 499 caches
    5. 11/18/07 to 6/30/08 497 caches
    6. 7/1/08 to 9/21/08 497 caches
    7. 9/22/08 to 3/24/09 493 caches
    8. 3/35/09 to 6/10/09 393 caches
    9. 6/11/09 to 8/14/09 492 caches
    10. 8/15/09 to 12/31/09 491 caches

I can see where Cano's method would eliminate the issues like PQ 8 being cut short. This way just seems more organized to me. I guess to me, it really doesn't matter how they get into GSAK for filtering the way I want, as long as they are all there.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry