vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Day!

Default Veterans Day!

Once again it is time to remember those who have served and sacrificed and protected our country and it's people so that we are able to enjoy freedoms many can only dream of. Without these men and women many of us probably would not be here right now.

Extra thoughts go out to the victims, families, and friends of the attack at Ft. Hood.

Thanks to all who have served past and present in peacetime and in war. Take time to recognize all veterans today!
    Last edited by brdad; 11-11-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thank you!

And I especially thank recent vets. I think the multiple deployments of this day and age are much harder than Vietnam era "go for a year and come back" or WWII "go until it's over" deployments.

To all the veterans out there: Thanks!

To all that have served, and their sacrifices......to those that have given their lives......and to the families that have been affected. Thank You
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

I as well send a sincere thank you!
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Thank you!

And I especially thank recent vets. I think the multiple deployments of this day and age are much harder than Vietnam era "go for a year and come back" or WWII "go until it's over" deployments.

I agree!

I was deployed for Desert Shield/Storm. I had to go once and was assured that would be it. I still have friends in the Air Force who are on thier 3rd or 4th trip. Tough on relationships and family. God bless them.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

A big wet kiss for all you vets out there! (From Chip)

From Pete & Jo - a very heartfelt thank you for your dedication & sacrifice in serving our country
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I join all who send wishes of thanks to our veterans and their families.

This is a great day for America
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Only 120 views!? A mere 8 comments!? Interesting how everyone's all gung ho and can't say enough good right after 9/11...... and look at us now! Oh how we forget.... oh how our priorities change. Meanwhile the Vets everday physical and emotional challenges are pretty much the same.

I was talking w/a local American Legion fellow. He commented on how strong membership used to be. The WWII and Vietnam era guys really appreciated having one another for support, in the light of society's views and understanding.

I grew up volunteering at Togus, V.A. I also worked there in early adulthood. I've known countless soldiers from many War Eras. Soldiers of today have only one advantage...an openly receptive society on a whole. The same thing they have in common w/all those before them....silent tears. I can remember relatives of the Pacific Theater and Vietnam Eras sitting on a Sunday...watching TV in silence....and seeing the occassional tear streaming down their cheek.

No matter your political views....don't forget that Vets. may share the same ones. Many of them don't speak up about their service and don't feel they can take public pride. Just remember all that when we're facing terrorist opposition of foreign or domestic on our home turf. And what will you ask of the Veteran....that you couldn't even speak up for once a year!?

So while many of you spoke up to thank the Veterans. I want to thank you...for being brave and considerate enough to speak up in thanks. Such a small and simple gesture....can have such a huge and positive impact.

Thank a Veteran Every Day......
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!