vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Hunting Starts Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    That's just totally irresponsible, unethical, and immoral!!!

That's why I do my hunting at night when there's less people like that in the woods... sheesh...

Friends of mine in Rumford used to call it "Grocery Shopping".

Of course, they actually needed the food. I've seen more than one warden drop a deer off at a home that could use it.

I've been bird hunting / geocaching for a few days this fall. I like the combination. However, when I have that beer stuff at Flatlanders in Greenville, my GPS looks funny. I keep trying though!!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    That's just totally irresponsible, unethical, and immoral!!!

That's why I do my hunting at night when there's less people like that in the woods... sheesh...
    Night hunting is safer too. You can assume that if it's holding a flashlight, it's not a deer! Don't shoot it.

Night hunting is safer too. You can assume that if it's holding a flashlight, it's not a deer! Don't shoot it.

OMG! This made me laugh out loud!

I just wonder how much is whole deer meat worth? Do they eat it? Do they sell it?
    Moo

Oh my.... this thread has made me think of several things. First, for several reasons I recently disabled my Geo Zoo caches in time for deer hunting season. Next, I'm familiar with the Albion area and some of the hunters there....and you are making a BIG mistake if you think "if it's shining a flashlight it's not a deer." The usual rules do not apply in Albion because the deer there are so irate at being shot at that they've learned to shine their own lights at night hunters and shoot back. Finally, and this is true, I have an ex-wife named Bambi (to make it even worse, she was born on the fourth of July - I swear). Please feel free to take aim.....tell the wardens that you bagged a two-point doe :-)

'ol station humor starting to kick in......biting my tongue......

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I have an ex-wife named Bambi (to make it even worse, she was born on the fourth of July - I swear). Please feel free to take aim.....
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Smile Value of venison?

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    I just wonder how much is whole deer meat worth? Do they eat it? Do they sell it?
    The venison from wild deer cannot be sold as that's against the law. You can buy farm raised venison in some stores. Hussey's has it in Windsor as the store owner, Jay Hussey, raises deer. I don't think it's as good as wild deer.

But for the Maine hunter, the value of venison is akin to the value of testosterone. If you "bag" a big boy, then it's "macho, macho, macho man!" "Got your deer yes" is a more common greeting then "hello" in this part of the state. And of course I opted for a dozen caches with Di yesterday so I may have to turn in my drag rope if I don't get out there and get one. But not to worry, I'll get one. I generally use my legal training to simply talk the deer into giving up!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Nooooo, you are supposed to take WAY to big of a semi-automatic rifle, then empty the clip into a clump of bushes, then go check what is there!

P.S if it was your buddy, don't worry, just remember, they had a good run!

Don't worry Mr. Dubord 207, we all know how much you talk, and how good you are with words, believe me, it would kill the deer to try to figure out what you are saying.

Default Do deer have value????

Where else can you hang your Christmas ornaments????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holidaydeer(Medium).JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	420  
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."